Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Portland Day One

I'm back from my Sister's weekend in Portland, that is I met my sisters in Portland last weekend. I come from a family of six kids, four girls and two boys, and so we are kind of a female dominated family. My youngest sister Angela and I both live here in Utah, but my older sister Becky is in Arizona, and Katie who is just younger than me is in Washington, so it takes an organized weekend like this to get us all together these days. And yes, my mom and sister-in-law Emily were invited too, but couldn't make it, so we went on without them. I think this trip was highly documented, I myself took at least 150 pictures, so I thought I'd show you them in chronological order and tell a little about our trip.

We flew into Portland Wednesday evening, and stayed up way too late chatting, and then Thursday we helped Katie throw a birthday party for Truman her son who was turning three. Truman loves animals so Katie found a fun animal lady to bring her miniature horse, wallaby, dragon lizard of some sort, and a fluffy bunny for the kids to play with at her mother-in-laws garden of Eden of a yard. The thing about the Northwest in the Spring is that everything is in bloom. Every time I go I wish I could take it all home with me. Katie has found her family a great spot, and I'm afraid we'll never get her to leave it, so we just go and enjoy it every now and then with her.



This is the cake we came up with for the animal themed party, Katie is a pro at low key, and these were some animals she already had and some cookies that she had too, so we stuck them on to say his name, it turned out really cute.



The birthday boy, the kangaroo, and the Sterling baby that I wanted to abduct. But I didn't.




Marilyn and Todd's Garden of Eden



Animals, suckers, and cake, does the life of a three-year-old get any better?

Up tomorrow: shopping, Indian Food and Gelato, does the life of a 31-year-old get any better? I think not.

2 comments:

pam said...

Love the pictures and the birthday party looks like so much fun. Wish I could have been there. Glad you all had a great time.

Toria said...

what the wallabee? I'm sorry I missed you on skype! I still would love to catch up! What a fun sisters weekend. I'm enjoying reading all about it- and Happy birthday Truman! Sweet party! (that's sweet as in suh-weet, not ahh how sweet!)