Friday, May 8, 2009

N.K.O.T.B.

I saw the New Kids On The Block on the Today show this morning. They and their lyrics have really matured. My favorite line from the song I heard this morning was "Ewe baby you so crazy you like Baby, I'm like Swayze." Who doesn't love a great Dirty Dancing Reference? Of course I was never a big N.K.O.T.B. fan, but I remember my sister Becky went to their concert and I was a little jealous. But then I got invited to Carrie McManus' birthday party the same night and I got over it, especially because Carrie had a twin brother who was having a co-birthday party and that meant my crush would be there. And he was. And the world was right. But now my third through sixth grade crush is a heroin addict, and the N.K.O.T.B. are back and on the Today show and I am here documenting this strange sequence of memories. Glad I'm where I am in my life. And that is my thought for this morning.

Oh and speaking of Dirty Dancing, did you catch the dance off on The Office last night? Hilarious. I think Andy and Kelly are the next hot item in The Office.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Isn't it nice to be where you are. And not where you thought you wanted to be in 8th grade?

The cafe disco was so good. There are a few good story lines brewing, like Andy and Kelly.

Becky said...

I reference DD all the time. Just last night I told Rich he needed to pick me up and swing me around more often. . .and call me Baby!

AND can I just say that NKOTB was an awesome concert for a 9th grader. "Please Don't Go Girl" was my favorite number.

pam said...

So you have kept track of this old "crush"?

Toria said...

inquiring minds want to now who the crush was. Initials will suffice, i can take it from there :)
I bet NKOTB was a fabulous concert- even though I wasn't a fan at the time. I'm thinking with lyrics like that I should check them out. My first concert was MC Hammer- is he making a come back?

Allison said...

So I totally remember that birthday party if it is the year they did a swim party at their house. And yes, who is the crush? I am dying to know. I hope you are liking Utah. I love checking in on your blog and seeing you cute family!!