Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nancy's Choice

Next Friday I have a problem. Dallas' school class is holding a Mother's Day luncheon at 12:30 and Hallie's school is holding a Mother's Day program at 12:15. That's two different programs at separate schools on the same day at about the same time. Seeing how I am the mother of both of my children and their school programs are fifteen minutes apart, and their schools are also fifteen minutes away from each other, I do not see how can make it to both parties. How can I be at two places at once to support both of my children?

Travis said I should sit them both down, tell them which one I love more, and then attend that function. That will not work for me! Have any of you ever faced this problem before? How do you handle such things? I need suggestions.


It's almost as troubling as choosing between these four cupcakes. Only that dilemma was more easily solved. I just cut these babies in fourths and then we all got to taste each one. My Mom and I decided to try the Sweet Tooth Fairy bakery in Provo this weekend (it's on University right by the Quilted Bear).



The cupcake shop itself is adorable, and the cupcakes are gorgeous; but I gotta say the taste fell a little short (maybe even a lot) for me (and my family agreed). The frosting and toppings were beyond amazing, but the cake itself: bland and rather tasteless. I'm still glad I went though, I love cupcakes and cupcake shops, but I probably wouldn't make the drive just to go back.

And for a little further wickedness last night Travis and I celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary a few days early and attended Wicked in downtown Salt Lake. Can I just say how much I love that play? I've been listening to the music all week in my car and was so excited to get to go. The touring company did just as good a job as when I saw it in L.A. last year. It was so much fun, and Travis loved it as well. This is the only lame picture we took of ourselves in the theater. I've got to be better about that. I hardly have any pictures of Travis and me. But we had a great time, and can't wait for it to come to Utah again.

6 comments:

Mike and Joy said...

First of all, you are hilarious. Second, Travis is a genius. And third....have you tried Dipidee in American Fork? They have Little Devil cupcakes that do NOT fall short. They are unreal. Really, I crave them every day. I would drive there from Indiana to get one.
I have not faced the mother's day dilema, but perhaps you could send your mom (grandma) to one function?

Toria said...

Wow! Good idea on sending your mom to one of the two functions, but please let us know how you decide. That's terrible that you have to choose.
I'm a cupcake fan too, but sometimes I think a good doctored up caked mix with homemade cream cheese frosting is way better than some of these trendy cupcake joints. Although maybe I'm just jealous I didn't come up with the genius money making trend. Instead I contribute and have to taste them too.
So fun you saw Wicked again! Good for you!

Keith and Lynsi said...

So glad you two got to go see Wicked! Love it! And as far as your Mother's Day dilemma... good luck with that one! Maybe go to one of their functions and take the other one on a special date night...
Wow those cupcakes look amazing! Are those Reese's on the top, can't beat that! HOpe all is well in Salt Lake!

Jen said...

My good friend Megan is the one who owns "Sweet Tooth Fairy". She was actually featured on the Rachel Ray show as the snack of the day. I haven't had any of her treats since she went into business, but I know she can bake AMAZING cookies. I've also heard the cake bites are really good.

hendywow said...

Happy Anniversary! You should see if Trav can take an hour off next time this happens, so he could go to one, or obviously just make a schedule with your kids and let them help you keep track of who's turn it is to get Mom...

Heather McMahon Scukanec said...

What if you put on a combined program for both of them when they get home????