Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter rundown

We've mostly had a cold and snowy Spring here, but in true Easter form we had a beautiful day and were granted gorgeous weather. I thought I'd show you my view of something other than snow, breathtaking doesn't even begin to describe it.

Yesterday we had some rain, but before it hit we had a fun Easter egg hunt with the cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Joes. They have such a beautiful five acres of land, and it makes the perfect sprawl for an Easter egg hunt. The kids were in heaven.




As with any other holiday I took this as an opportunity to bake, surprise, I know. These cupcakes were my contribution to the post hunt luncheon. For some reason I had a hard time finding Peeps this year, but don't worry I found them and put them to good use.



Then as if we hadn't had enough candy and goodies the Easter Bunny somehow found us in our new home and left some treats for everyone. He seemed to go with a sporty theme this year and the kids got tennis rackets and basketballs. We're hoping for some more good weather so we can try them out. Then for church everyone got dressed up in their new Easter duds (is that a word? I think I learned that term from my Dad, maybe it's Southern). I had a hard time finding a dress I liked for Hallie so I bought some fabric and my mom helped me make a dress for her on Friday afternoon, there's nothing like procrastinating! I think it turned out cute though, and the pattern was easy enough that I may try to make another one on my own sometime. The ric rac detail is my favorite part.



Then after church we had some of the family up for an Easter feast. This was the biggest group we've hosted at our house yet, but I think we fit everyone in okay and that as my Dad would say, "A lovely time was had by all."




I guess we're Eastered out. I love all the holidays and try to make them fun for the kids, and am sad to see them end. But I need to take a break from the baking, and put my energy into exercise instead. Wish me luck!

14 comments:

MarySue said...

I loved your post and all the photos-your yummy baked goodies and especially seeing so many of the family that I love. Happy Easter and love to all.

Courtney said...

It looks like it was a great weekend and peeps were well utilized!

Courtney said...

BTW, I love seeing some more pics of your house. It looks so pretty and new.

hendywow said...

Hey I got your txt, but it was during Gospel doctrine..I wish we could have dinner with you too! It looked delicioso!

Becky said...

Can I tell you a virtual tear comes to my eye when I think of how much I miss you? I so wish I could have joined your Easter Celebration and am glad to say I'm part of your forever family, even if I live in another state!

Becky said...

AND I love the way Hallie's dress turned out (ditto on the ric rac detail) and the goodies look so adorable!

Jen Rutter said...

Nancy-sorry I missed you guys at Roger's party! Your Easter looked like so much fun, you make everything so fun and festive!

pam said...

It all looks so pretty and so much fun. Thankyou for letting us all come and share it with you. We had a great time. Sad now to take down the Easter decorations.

Liz said...

Martha, Martha, Martha! You are so cute. I love all your decorations and goodies. You are so festive and creative! And I love the pics I can see of your house. It looks beautiful. I will be there in a month and definelty want to come have a tour!! Miss you.

Dawn said...

You are incredible!! First off, Hallie's dress is adorable and your Easter goodies are magical. Where do you find the time and energy. I love seeing pictures of your house, it looks incredible. What a host you are!!

Toria said...

Yumm!
and I love the big square(?) table. Love it!
impressive pics of the Easter duds- why can't I figure out how to get ready for church and pictures taken and still make it on time?

Steph said...

I am loving all the pictures too! I can't wait to see your house this summer, love what I see! Your cupcakes look awesome, your kids are cute and you look great! Miss you!

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Bagley said...

you are such an amazing host with all your details.
and UMMM--excuse me... i love how you just whipped up a dress for your daughter!! only in my dreams could i do that.

i have been thinking about you. i found this book on amazon that reminded me of you. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584797525/ref=s9_sims_c2_s1_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=168GJYM6A4MR9GDR2GX1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
dont know if this link will translate. but it looks like a really cool book. and the style reminded me of you.
you and your family look so so goregeous. hope your all doing great!!