Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whine, Static, and Me, a little red in the face

Ever since we moved into our new house and got our new phone set up we've had horrible static on the line. So much so that you couldn't even communicate with the person calling you. Two nights ago I answered the phone and there was a woman on the line, asking for a Mrs. Whine. I tried to explain to her that she had the wrong phone number, that there was no Mrs. Whine at this residence and that I was sorry I couldn't really hear what she was saying. Then I basically hung up on her as she was trying to explain something to me because there was no point in ever trying to hear what she had to say. When I hung up Travis asked who was on the phone and I said it was someone asking for a Mrs. Whine or something, but that I had to hang up on her because I couldn't make out what she was saying. Then it donned on me that it was the phone company calling to check on the static on my line, and not someone asking for a Mrs. Whine. You see the static was just that bad. Travis gave me that look he often gives me when I say or do something so air headed. But I seriously couldn't hear what the lady was saying. So since I missed my opportunity to tell the phone company about our problem when they called, I took matters into my own hands this morning and called the phone company (who by the way I'm pretty sure I was speaking to someone in India and that aggravates me that I would get sent to someone over seas to deal with such a local problem) to send someone to fix my phone.

So this afternoon the man came to fix my phone and also my Internet which had by then gone haywire. He was in my room for a while fixing the Internet while I was in the kitchen talking to my dear friend and now neighbor of twenty minutes, Lindsey. When he came out to tell me everything was fixed he said he'd been looking at my blog as that was what popped up when he went online (I don't believe him, because my blog is not my homepage, I think he just saw the name and couldn't miss an opportunity to check out my blonde ambitions). And then he said he liked my hair (referring to the pictures I posted of my head on Valentine's Day). I got a little red in the face and started laughing because Lindsey, who has told me it's weird that I post pictures of my head on my blog was standing next to me when Mr. Phone Guy commented on my hair photos. So the moral of my story is that you really never know who is looking at your blog, and the static is now gone from my phone, my Internet, and my blogging break. I'm back baby! (Please hear George Costanza's voice in your head as you read that last sentence.)

8 comments:

Laura said...

You are hilarious Nanc, and I am so glad that you are back. I missed you. I guess I am good at keeping a secret. I just wanted to hear and see the heartbeats again yesterday before I spread the news. I took clomid with Dallin and when I was having a hard time getting pregnant again my doctor prescribed it again. I took it for three cycles and I guess in this case the third time was the charm. We are so excited and nervous all at once.

I hope the move went well and that you like your new home. I can't wait to see it.

Jennifer Woodbury said...

That is so hilarious that the phone/internet guy was checking out your blog! I've missed hearing from you, hope the move went smoothly!

Angela said...

Your phone guy sounds a little creepy to me.

Courtney said...

i'm glad you are still alive. i had to call mandy and becky to check.

pam said...

I meant to remind you something else wierd about your phone. When you call us it shows up on the caller I.D. as someone named Don Barnes and at first I was tempted not to answer because I don't like answering the phone when I think it is somebody I don't know. So you might want to call your phone company about that.

Becky said...

Whine, whine, static on the line,
I am glad you are back online
and hope that things are going fine.
I miss you, Sweet Sister of mine.
If you were here we'd go to Pine.

Heather said...

He might be reading this Nancy!!!!

hendywow said...

That is too funny! It reminds me of that one conversation of ours "Stake Dinner", You couldn't believe that the church would pay for a STEAK dinner!!!I miss you guys too!