Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Un Fancy Nancy?

I've been feeling very uncrafty for about the last month now. I think the feeling has a lot to do with all of the overwhelming oddities involved with moving your household. Now that I'm feeling a little more settled, and a little more underwhelmed by our uprooting I can feel the crafting ideas creeping back into my cranium. Problem is I've spent my crafting budget and then some getting settled into our new nest. So here's some pictures of the blanket and burp cloth thingy I made for my newest nephew Charlie a while back and never posted.

And since I haven't been crafting much lately I'm trying to be clever in other areas of my life. Like my laundry routine for instance. I often find grease spots on my kids clothes (never mine, no never) from food stains that I can't seem to get out in the wash. I know that the best way to get rid of grease spots is dish soap (because Betsy the laundry queen told me that), but I hate that I always have to go get the dish soap from the kitchen, and I always get too much in the wash causing a Brady Bunch-Bobby put dish soap in the washing machine type-bubbly sensation. So I decided to get clever. I bought some clear dish soap (I've used colored before and it colored my clothes) just for the laundry room along with a spray bottle that I marked and poured the dish soap into the spray bottle with about 3 Tbsp. of water to thin it down a bit. Now when I see a grease or food stain I just squirt a little of my degreaser on, rub it in good, and throw it in the wash. Clever, or so simple it's silly, you decide, but it's made my laundry duties a little less greasy. Can you tell I'm bored? And please don't point out my grease stains when you see them, I may miss a few here and there.

Now you can't say that I haven't shown you any pictures of my house yet, here is my laundry room. Cute, eh? Travis saw me taking this picture and was like, "What are you doing?" He gives me that look and says that a lot, I mention it so he'll read this post as he says he mostly skims them until he sees his name.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember your family

Karla Rauch said...

You are so talented. I love the burp clothes.

Becky said...

Pure and Clearly genius. I just keep a bottle of Dawn in the laundry room. . .and its blue not clear. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place! Your view is spectacular. I may have to visit you soon

Dawn said...

I'll be ordering up a burp cloth and blanket in pink! They are adorable. Love the laundry room advice. You never fail to disappoint. Can't wait to see pics of your house. We'll be up there in June, can't wait to see you and get together lots.

hendywow said...

You have a beautiful laundry room, so clean!