Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eggs and Things mostly...

This morning I went to make eggs and toast for everyone for breakfast and then I thought, these eggs are so pretty I should take a picture. And here it is 11 a.m. and no one has eaten breakfast. I hope nobody notices. One of the nice things about living here is that we live close to my in-laws Kent and Marsha. They have a farm of sorts, it's mostly filled with animals that they raise for fun. So since they have chickens on their "farm" we are the lucky recipients of farm fresh eggs. Have you ever had fresh eggs? They make the best scrambled eggs, there is seriously a huge difference in taste, and we've been enjoying them, lots of them. Marsha told me the other day that they were getting about a dozen a day, so if you live in the area and want some farm fresh eggs I know where to get you some. I think for Easter I'll boil some and leave them un-dyed since they are so pretty in their natural state. And speaking of Easter want to see some of my decorations?

This little bird's nest is one of them. I got it at Tai Pan and I love it. I think I'll keep it up year round. I have a thing with birds lately, Travis hates them. He told me that they were nice, kind of like what his Grandma would have decorated with. He's full of those back handed complements.

Here is the birds' nest with my decorative eggs in it, I love the green, and this little bunny was also from Tai Pan, it was only $3.71, I love that place!

This is my attempt at a photo wall. The jury is still out on whether I like the way it turned out. I think it looks a little too sparse, but for now it's hung and it will have to stay that way for a while until I can figure out exactly what it is that I don't like about it. It is right off of the entrance to the house which leads into my family room or great room, call it what you will but it's all open to the kitchen (I'll save pictures of that for another day).

Here is the family room.

I really like the mantel and fireplace, it's gas and turns on with the flick of a switch which comes in handy here in cold country. The whole house has a lot of brown tones, so I'm trying to add color where I can. Eventually the leather chairs that you can see will be replaced by the ones that my mom is recovering, I think we need more color in this room, too much brown.

And that's about it for now. I'll show you more as we get things put together. Right now we are working on Travis' office which should be up and running by the end of next week. We're busy, busy, but we'd love to have any visitors, so come see us! Then you can have the whole tour.

13 comments:

hendywow said...

It looks real nice Nancy, I hope to see it all up close some day!

MarySue said...

Love the peek into your new home. Looks loverly.

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting these photos! Everything is darling! Love the fireplace and mantle and all your cute decor.

And am foaming at the mouth to get to Tai Pan this summer.

Courtney said...

It's so fun to see some pics of your house! Are you moving to more of a green color scheme?

I love those photos on your photo wall. I think the collage looks nice - if you don't like it maybe try tightening it up so the photos are grouped more closely together.

Jacque said...

your home looks wonderful so far. how fun to have a new place to decorate and explore with.

Laura said...

Your house looks great already. You need to come help me decorate. If my doctors let me travel we will be in Utah in May for a wedding so I will definitely be coming your way. I would love the full tour.

Remember Andrea from our freshman summer, the one from North Carolina? she was Katie Kelly's friend. Well, she just moved into my ward here and came for dinner last night with some jewels of pictures. We thought of you. crazy how small the church world is.

Jen Rutter said...

Nancy- you've done a great job in decorating. You need to head a little south and help me out!

pam said...

Your pictures look great! The slip covers are coming along. I have finished the cushions and am almost finished putting the second slip cover together. Now we'll just have to see when I can come and see if it all fits together right. Just don't take any close up pictures!

Dawn said...

Your house looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it up close, miss you!!

Angela said...

The decorations look really nice Nanc. Maybe you could add some non-picture things to your picture wall to fill up the space, like sconces or some kind of wall-hangings.

Anonymous said...

Maybe no more shopping ever again

Karla Rauch said...

Nancy,
Your home is lovely. I love your photo wall. I think it looks great!You need to tell someone that they need to open that Tai pan store in Phoenix. That places sounds great. Hope you are doing well.

Angela said...

Can I take you up on that offer for eggs from your inlaws? I eat them a lot for lunch, and you've got me believing they're really better.