Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Recap


Last Sunday this little diddy was passed around Relief Society. It's a list of romantic ideas some of our husbands gave for Valentine's Day. I read through it and found the last item a little silly, but my sister Angela who was in town found it all too silly with a hint of familiarity in the sense of humor. She started laughing saying that it had to be my husband Travis' addition to the list. I thought she could be right, he thinks he's funny like that, but I haven't heard him ask for an XBox 360 lately, and thought he got over that one when we got the Wii. When I showed the list to him after church he just laughed and said he didn't think we'd even be here for Valentine's day and didn't think anyone would actually print that one on the list. Yes it was him, my romantic video gaming husband. I wonder what the older women in our ward thought that an Xbox 360 was, I can only imagine. But rest assured, my Valentine's Day held no room for XBox 360, and though my husband thinks he's clever and funny, he does have a rather romantic heart. Who'd have guessed it.

Last night we went on a group date to a nice restaurant with our friends Wendy and Loren and Karla and Mike. It was a really yummy restaurant and Travis and I split an amazing blue cheese steak with mushrooms, I'd highly recommend it if you ever eat at Firebirds. Then we went to the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Travis really proved his love sitting through this one. Actually it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't necessarily one I'd recommend. I'd classify it as a rental. But we had fun despite the silly movie.

Wendy and Loren

Mike and Karla

Me and Trav

The Girls


My friend Karla who we went with is an awesome hair dresser. She always looks so cute, and always has the best hair. I wanted her to show me how to add some volume and height, I believe I told her to "make me look high maintenance" so she did my hair for our date and showed me a few tricks of the trade. I think I'll be ready for Utah, big hair and all, by the end of the week. I just need to get myself some styling spray and a ratting comb, and then I'll be in business. With my big hair (okay it's not that big, but to me it felt a little reminiscent of the girls from the B 52's, in fact Loren played Rock Lobster while we were on our drive home and I told him he must have been singing it in his head all night while looking at my hair) it was fun to feel a little more dressed up than normal, and I can't believe how well this hair lasted. These pictures were from the end of the night, I put on my p.j.'s and thought I should get some pictures of the hair before bed. So this was about 7 hours after Karla had done my hair and it still looked perfect. I thought the back was really cute, there are about 7 bobby pins under that cute little knot thing, the girl is a magician with hair. Thanks Karla! I think you should make a hair section on your blog and post some of your tips! Could you get on that? I keep asking myself why I'm moving away from my hairdresser and hair friends. I think they need to be my next door neighbors.



So my friend Lindsey thinks it's weird that I take so many pictures of my own head. I say you should try it before you judge it, it's kind of fun and rather addicting.

And for those of you wondering, we now have an official move date (we'll be on our way by the end of this week), and Travis' company has signed and sent all the official office lease papers. So there's nothing holding us back anymore. In fact we get to pick out paint and carpet colors for the build out of the office as soon as we get there, any suggestions for office decor? Trav said I'm in charge of decorating, you don't know how excited that makes me. I'll be sure and take lots of pictures.

10 comments:

hendywow said...

Ok the movie was no big surprise, but we still had great food, and lots of laughs, by the way your hair does not look like the chick from the B52's!

Keith and Lynsi said...

Your hair looks darling! what a fun night!
Yeah for blogging, I'm glad it won't be hard to stay in touch... Good luck with the move and getting settled! I can't wait to see pics of all your new decor styles!

AL&G said...

I do think it's more than a little strange to take pictures of your hair, but when you call me out on the carpet for being judgmental you leave me with very little to say other than...WOW, Nance, great hair! Can't wait to tease you in person. Loves, Linds

Anonymous said...

Xbox 360 rocks!

pam said...

Your hair looks darling. Did you pay close attention so you can do that yourself?

Nancy said...

Hmm... Anonymous you sound oddly familiar...

Jen said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it and it's definitely not too big :)

Karla Rauch said...

Thanks for the shout out... I will get on the hair posts. But you better leave comments so I don't feel silly doing it...:) I am sad that you are moving especially since I feel like I was just getting to know you better. Well that was my fault I am a slow mover. Anyway I am grateful for blogs so we can stay in touch. Post pic's of the new house...

As for the office I love realsimple.com. They have great ideas on there. Good luck!

kimber said...

How fun! I love your hair!
Ahhh your leaving us and we need to go out first. I know your gonna be crazy but I'll call you to see if we can squeez something in.

Jacque said...

your hair is beautiful! who knew that bobby pins could work that kinda magic! i hope all goes well w/ your move. looking forward to seeing all the pics of your house and all. love to you!