Thursday, February 5, 2009

Official Old Hag

Are you just like, "Enough with the birthdays already." I sorta am. And now that it is February fifth and my birthday was officially yesterday I am done talking the birthday talk until next year. Today I had my last birthday lunch with my sister and a couple of friends who were roped in, I swear I don't try to drag out my birthday, it just kinda happens when so many people love me that they all want to get in on a piece of the birthday action, what can I say? Except that I'm glad the celebrations are through, I can officially start my diet, and thanks to everyone and anyone who cared about my special day. What is so special about turning 31? I haven't figured that out yet, but I'll let you know when I do. I pretty much think it just means that I am an old hag. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term old hag I'll fill you in. My friend in college, we'll call her Buffy, used to refer to older girls with husbands and kids as old hags. I'd tell her that wasn't a very nice thing to say, and she'd say, "no, it's a good thing, we'll be there someday too, but we're just not there yet." But I'd have to say Liz, I mean Buffy, I think we're officially old hags and ever so happy to be.

8 comments:

Laura said...

phew! I won't be an old hag for another 6 months. Hope you had a great day Nancy, thanks for the email and the update.

Steph said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad we could have lunch together on your special day...and so glad to be an "OLD HAG" with you!

hendywow said...

So what the heck does that make me???

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! "Old Hag" is the new "Hot Mama."

AL&G said...

The trip AZ has been postponed, so I am around to help you unpack, or to sit around and watch you unpack...whichever is most helpful. I am getting very excited.

Anonymous said...

Here's what's special about 31: It is a prime number!

Toria said...

Happy birthday old hag! I never heard that one. I'm leaving 31 in a few months- it was a pretty good year for me- LOTS of changes which I think you'll be experiencing too. And here's praying a baby is somehow in the picture of your 31st year as well.

Wish I could have joined in some of the birthday celebrations.

My Dad leaves Thursday to come visit. Wanna hop on the plane with him? I'm sure people need financial planning over here. Travis can set up shop!

Liz said...

Nance~ yes I knew you would never forget that when I referred to that girl as an "old hag" at the BYU game. And yes we are happy to be in that club now. It is sad how fast those years have come. But, I am glad we can all be there together! I am glad you had a Happy Birthday!! I hope it is a great new year for you and the fam. Maybe the baby will come once you are moved and settled. Finally happened for us!! You just never know...I love you!