Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad, Go Cards!

I told you this was birthday season at our house, and today is the big man's birthday, My Dad. He probably won't ever even read this, but I just wanted to take a minute to wish him a happy birthday. My Father is one of the smartest, most loving, hardest working people that I know. Somehow the brains in our family's gene pool didn't quite make it my way, either that or I didn't study as much as my Dad, probably a little of both, but they don't make them like my Dad anymore. My Dad worked hard his whole life for his retirement, and now I think he's enjoying what he does now more than what he did to get there. He's technically retired, but since he retired he and my mother lived and served three years as mission president's for our church in the Canary Islands (Spain, Las Palmas), and now he works tirelessly in the Missionary Training Center in Provo teaching and helping new missionaries. I'm so glad the he can now put his hard working skills where his heart truly lies, in teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Happy Birthday Dad! We love and miss you and will make you a belated birthday dinner as soon as we move!
Now my Dad is not a big sports fan, something he never really had time for, but I thought you'd like to see my Super Bowl cupcakes. I said I wasn't going to make anymore cupcakes for a long time, but my friend Wendy asked me to make some for the Super Bowl, so what Wendy wants Wendy gets, and I decided to use my red velvet cupcake mix that Liz and Stephanie gave me for my birthday. Of course I had to add a little this and a little that to the mix, and hopefully they turned out well (I'm only going to eat one and I'm saving it for the game so I haven't tried them yet). They are red for sure, and that is all intended to cheer on our very own Arizona Cardinals, go Cards! I thought they needed a little something else so I made these little flags to top them off, kinda cute if I do say so myself.



Speaking of Wendy, last night we decided last minute to go see the movie New In Town since we share a common love for Mr. Harry Connick Jr. And can I just tell you how much we both loved this movie. So every review I've seen of it is horrible, but reviews aside, I found it witty, hilarious, and sweet, and the only complaint I had was having to look at Renee Zellweger's botoxed face so close up. Seriously, she did a great job, played her part well, but come on with the botox already.

9 comments:

Dave & Mandi said...

Nancy, I love your cupcakes...so much in fact that I had just made the exact same ones for the How's super bowel party (LOL!)...well there will be plenty for everyone!!!
Go Cards!!

Jill Bagley said...

OHHH those red velvet cupcakes remind me of some red velvet cake that we had in arizona. i never thought i would like red velvet cake. but honestly, it might have been better than any cake i have ever had.
even chocolate.
your so awesome nancy!!

hendywow said...

O Nancy your cupcakes were awesome! Thank you! I am so glad we were spontaneous, and saw that movie! It's nice to see a movie that you can reccomend to any one...

Jill Bagley said...

i just have to comment on the comment you made on my blog--DONT EVEN MENTION THE BEAD FAIR!!! you know that every year you guys never invite me? i dont want to invite myself with beckys cool family, but im always a little sad when it rolls around cuz i know that you always go. i have wanted to every year.
i was going to this year, but i didnt have an invitation, and i felt a little weird--because i cant travel with all my kids and i wouldnt know who to inconvienience with them :)---but one of these years, you bet, i will be going to that gosh-danged bead thing!!! and youll be coming with me!!!
sad sad pathetic me. o well.

hendywow said...

Happy Birhtday today!!! I don't wanna wake you up, but I wanted to wish you Happy thoughts asap! Love ya!

hendywow said...

Happy Birhtday today!!! I don't wanna wake you up, but I wanted to wish you Happy thoughts asap! Love ya!

hendywow said...

Happy Birhtday today!!! I don't wanna wake you up, but I wanted to wish you Happy thoughts asap! Love ya!

Courtney said...

Happy birthday. Like hendywow, I figure you'd appreicate if I wait a bit to call!

Emily said...

Happy birthday, Nancy! Move up here already.