Saturday, January 17, 2009

T.T.F.N.

Even though I have a degree in communications there are certain things that I have a hard time communicating. One form of communication in particular that I struggle with is the art of saying goodbye. I hate it, I avoid it, and I refuse to give in to the emotions that come with it. So there will be no "goodbyes" here. I will tell you that I'll see you later and maybe give you a little T.T.F.N. (ta ta for now) but I refuse to say goodbye. It's too hard, and it makes me sad, and I don't like to be sad. And besides with blogs, Facebook and email there's no reason to ever have to say goodbye. Some of my friends took me out to a little T.T.F.N. dinner, and I just want them to know how much I love and appreciate them for being sad to see me go. I think everyone should just pretend to be moving to find out how people really feel about them. And there are some days that I wish we were just pretending. But seeing how I've got movers scheduled to pack and move my house all too soon, I think this time it's for real.

Thanks for the fun night ladies, I feel truly feel loved!

2 comments:

Jennifer Woodbury said...

I hate goodbyes too. In fact, I think there are still people in my old ward who don't know we've moved yet because I avoid goodbyes so much.

Toria said...

I feel the same way about goodbyes- and I've had way too many of them in the past few years!
Good luck with the move. That's always nice to have "movers come". When is the big departure day? When are you moving in your new house? Did you get a new house? where (you don't have to say on your blog- we can email)!