Friday, January 30, 2009

Happier Thoughts

Well after a good day yesterday and a good night last night I'm considering myself out of the woods, in the clear, out of the blue? What I mean to say is I feel sooo much better. Thanks for reading my post yesterday, and I do so appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Sometimes writing feelings like those is cathartic, and helps me to move on. But no more sadness, let's discuss happier things, like the three tiered cupcake holder from Crate and Barrel Liz and Stephanie gave me for my birthday (which by the way hasn't technically happened, I like to stretch my celebrating out as far as possible).

I think those girls know me pretty well, and I dare say this is one of the best birthday presents I've ever received, except maybe the time last year when they took me to see the play Wicked. Okay so this is a close second, Travis, you've got a lot to live up to come the fourth. Just kidding, I told Travis all I want for my birthday is some money to go to the International Gem and Mineral show that I go to every year in Tucson. And by the looks of the way my move is going, I'll still be around to attend. Can't say I'm upset about that one. But like I said let's keep this post happy. But I probably won't get to use this cupcake holder for a little while since I'm still on my "diet." So I took the weekend off for a little housedress party, paid a week of my life to recover from it, but I lost 7 pounds without even exercising this week. But I dare say the anorexia and bulimia that I went through to get there (being sick and all) were not fun, no not for me. I guess come Monday I'll have to take up diet and exercise like the rest of the skinny people I know. Maybe I could turn this into a three-tiered apple holder.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love that cupcake holder!! I want one. It looks like your birthday is a month long event, lucky you. I am glad you are feeling better. You are beautiful Nancy, I look up to you so much and admire your positive take on life and also your reality too. Thanks for being you.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. And I love that cupcake stand.

Angela said...

Nancy, I'm soooo glad you're feeling better. And I'm sooooo glad you're coming to the Bead Show. And I'm soooooo glad I'm coming to the bead show. And I'm sooooo jealous of your cupcake tower! Love you, and see you in a week!

Steph said...

I really like Angela's comment...and I am soooooooo glad you are making me go to the gem show too. I know I would be sad if I didn't!

I am also glad you like your cupcake holder, but Wicked was WAY better!

Liz said...

Now I think I need one of those to!! It is too cute!! It really was perfect for you, but yes I agree I loved Wicked better last year!!