Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Traditions

Since I didn't put up a Christmas tree this year I decided to keep up with my new traditions and forgo the Christmas cards too. I'm feeling a little topsy turvy these days and no, contrary to what you may think, I haven't been sipping rum, and as a quick side note I've decided to not purchase any rum for baking purposes. I just don't have it in me, and I don't want to have it in my cupboard either. No judgements on anyone else, just a decision of mine. But I did purchase two packs of butter rum lifesavers, and I am going to try to make that cake with rum flavoring. But back to my lack of Christmas cards, I've decided to wait on them until we know where we will be resting our heads for the next forever. We are currently searching for a new home, and I will send out New Year's cards, or Valentines Cards, or Happy Groundhog's Day cards, as soon as we move to our new place in this world. So some day, when you least expect it, you will get some love in the mail from me, but until then here are my cute little kiddos sittin on Santa's lap at the ward Christmas party in all their holiday glory. So think of this as your Christmas card from my family to yours, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

7 comments:

hendywow said...

Great pics of the kids, I saw the one of you and Trav, and it was good, where is it?

Courtney said...

is dallas' hair getting curlier?

Nancy said...

Not curly, just a sweaty six year old who had been running around the church and messing up his hair in the process. I wasn't there when they took the pics, so neither one of the kids has good hair, but I still thought they were cute. And Wendy, I saw that picture and we both look horrible, I don't like it one bit.

pam said...

What cute pictures. Looks like Santa and the kids are right in your own living room, casual and friendly.

Dawn said...

What great pictures of your kids. Your rum cake looks divine!! You always make the yummiest things, I just might have to try it. Merry Christmas!

Karla Rauch said...

Merry Christmas!!!

danandjulee said...

I skipped the cards this year, too--for the first time in 13 years! Oh, and the tree got decorated sometime during the week before Christmas--good thing it's pre-lit!

Merry Christmas!