Monday, December 8, 2008

Insomnia

***okay so this is not a new post, but I had to re-post it in order for Travis' birthday post to appear first. I wrote the birthday post before the insomnia post, you know when I was awake all night, and then when I tried to post it today on his actual birthday it wouldn't post it according to when I posted it, it put it before the insomnia post the way they were written. Maybe there would have been an easier way to solve this problem, but my mind doesn't do easy. Comprede? That is why all the comments were deleted. Sorry!***

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me. I saw that saying on a T-shirt once and I still don't know what it means. This was back in the days before Paris Hilton made expressive T-shirts famous, before the Team Anniston shirt was all the talk on Entertainment Tonight. No, this T-shirt was not fashionable or even funny to me, just plain weird. I saw it on a boy in college when I was invited to a dinner at a distant relative's house. I'm not sure if I was related to the odd duck (a term I learned from my father) who was wearing this shirt, or if I was related to someone he was connected to, but either way it was distant, and I prefer to keep it that way.

But that strange T-shirt popped into my head as I've been laying in bed trying to fall asleep for the last two hours. I woke up mid-dream around 2:30 a.m. this morning, and I'm going to sound like my little brother here as I recount this dream for you. In the dream I had found myself in a college auditorium among some of my High School Friends. We were waiting for a movie to start. I took an introduction to films class in college so it's not all that odd that I would be watching films in class. It was odd though that I was with High School Friends, and what is even more odd was the film we were about to view.

The movie was a musical production of the book, and now movie, Twilight. I remember thinking that I was amazed that we could watch this film in class as it's still out in theaters. Unfortunately for this story's sake I woke up right as the film was getting started. Literally one of my first thoughts when I woke up was that it was too bad I didn't get to watch more of the movie. So I'm going to call it here on my blog in hopes of actually getting some sleep before my alarm goes off. I think someday there will be a musical version of Twilight. Perhaps a Broadway play that will run to sold out crowds in New York and L.A., hit the multi-city tour, and then be made into a feature film shown in movie theaters across the country.

Maybe now I can sleep. Am I the only one that wakes up to blog? I'm going to go back to bed now and hope to steer clear of clowns, but maybe slip back into that college auditorium. A little singing Edward never hurt anyone. I hope to fall asleep before the Twilight. Or at least before I write another strange post. Maybe I'm more related to that odd duck than I'd like to admit.

2 comments:

pam said...

While clicking through the channels last night, we saw a little bit of a rerun of Pee Wee's Big Adventure. He had a bad dream in the hospital about some horrendous clowns with painted faces. You wouldn't want to meet them in your dreams.

Angela said...

I'm laughing at mom's comment. Also, you can tell blogger a date and time to post your post, you just have to click a thing at the bottom when you're composing. I did that with all my giveaway posts. What, you thought I was getting up early enough to post every day at 8:00am? You know me better than that! I'll show you some time.