Friday, November 14, 2008

Hot Chocolate Manna

She was right. Angela, my cute-gas-station-hot-cocoa-loving-sister, was right. She recently posted about how coffee creamer kicks your hot cocoa up a notch. Bam! How was a non-coffee drinking girl to know such things? Thanks for the enlightenment Angela. But I don't frequent gas stations all that often, I buy my gas at Costco, and I am quite frankly at home a lot and don't venture into QT very often with my two kids in tow (no drive through and all). But I didn't let that stop me from finding the ultimate hot cocoa. So this is my at home solution. Now I'm warning you that this is not for the faint of heart, no this is only for the serious chocolate lover. Think you can handle it? This hot chocolate is so chocolaty it's like drinking brownies. Yes you can have your cake and drink it too with Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Hot Coca Mix. After my initial sip of this stuff my first thought was, "It's like liquid chocolate." Then my second thought was, "It is liquid chocolate you idiot." Then my third thought was, "Why am I having this conversation with myself?" Then I just stopped thinking all together and enjoyed my hot cocoa.

Note to yourself: store this liquid gold in your "special cupboard." You know the one above the microwave that no one knows about with all the treats. There are only four in the package so I suggest you buy the cheap stuff for your kids. It wouldn't be good for them anyway, you're a better parent for it. That's what you'll tell yourself. Oh and I prefer the single sized creamers because you don't have to store them in the fridge. Because I'm a coffee creamer expert like that.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I thought I was the only one with a cabinet like that. Ha!

Courtney said...

You and Angela are very convincing.

Angela said...

Oh, I'm so glad I convinced you! I love the singles myself for that very same reason. Glad I could turn you on to such yumminess!

Steph said...

I really enjoyed your thought process! We have some chocolate lovers around here, I think we will try it.

hendywow said...

Yummy, I'll have to give you my Mom's hot choclate recipe!

Karla Rauch said...

Yum, I am so trying it!