Saturday, October 25, 2008

A bag for Miss Jacque

My parents built and moved into their dream home when I was 2 weeks old, and we lived in that home until I was 26. In fact I was the one who actually lived in the home and sold it for them when the time came for them to move on. I think it was fitting as I considered it my house since I was practically born there. While we lived in that home and neighborhood we created the most amazing group of friends. Families who shared our values and became extended family to us. I had the fortune of growing up among the most wonderful group of people.
One of these families was Jacque's family. Jacque is a life long friend of mine. I believe I have known her for my entire life. But I can't talk about Jacque without mentioning her cute twin sister Jaimey. In my life they are the definition and origin of the word twin as they were probably the first twins I ever knew. I just saw the two of them last weekend at Jaimey's bridal shower. It was fun to catch up and hear their cute laughs. I think I talked too much just to hear them crack up. And their sweet mother Janet is one of those legendary mothers who treated everyone as though they were the most important person in the world. Janet was known for sleeping very little and giving all she had to everyone and everything she was involved with. I think many of the women she was friends with considered her among their best friends because that was how she treated you. Janet was less than five feet tall in stature, but had the heart of a giant. We were all so sad to see her pass away a few years ago.

(Jaimey and Jacque. This picture was stolen without permission from Jaimey's blog.)

Jacque is about to have her second baby, and asked me if I would make her a diaper bag. She said she's been using that black vinyl bag they give you at the hospital since she had her first baby. In my book that is blasphemous and I can't stomach it. So we had to remedy the situation by making Jacque a bag fit for the beautiful mother that she is. Jacque picked out this beautiful Joel Dewberry fabric and I did what I could to make it into a great diaper bag for her. I hope she likes it! I think it turned out really fun, and these horrible pictures don't do it any justice. I finished it last night and sent it with my friend Mandy to be delivered to Jacque, so the lighting is horrible. Maybe Jacque can get a better one in the day time. It's much prettier in person. So I hope Jacque enjoys her diaper bag as much as I enjoy her and that someday I get to make a matching one for Jaimey. Congratulations girls!






7 comments:

Courtney said...

A great tribute to a great family plus a cute bag!

Jacque said...

nancy, i love, love, love it! and i love you! thank you so much!! i can't wait to throw away my ugly black vinyl bag! ;) and it was so fun seeing you and talking w/ you at jaimey's shower! i wish we could've talked all afternoon!

Steph said...

Love the bag!

Toria said...

I love the bag and I love the twins and Janet of course!
You are truly talented Nancy.
I'm hoping things are falling together for you and your move, but I would be thrilled if you were still around in December when we'll be there for Christmas!

Dave & Mandi said...

Hey neighbor, I finally found your famous blog..love it! It was fun seeing you guys at the party last night you and the kids looked great!!

Angela said...

The bag looks great! And a lovely tribute to Janet. Whenever I think of her, I think of a girls camp where she played Todo from the Wizard of Oz in skit. It was hilarious. She was the best young women's leader!

pam said...

Love the bag. Lucky Jacque. Congratulations must be in order for Jaimey too since you mentioned her bridal shower. Hope both are doing well.