Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Planning Ahead

Hallie's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and if there's anything I get excited about it's throwing a good party. I've been telling her all year that since she had a big party last year we were just going to do a family party this year, but I went back on my word and succumbed to the party planner in me. I figure we are most likely moving in a few months and I want her to be able to have a party with her friends since she has so many here.

Her birthday is really close to Halloween so in the past I've done a few Halloween parties for her, but I was thinking this year of going with a cupcake theme. I even bought this cupcake cast pan from Wilton that I've been eyeing for the last couple of months. It makes a cupcake shaped cake. I had a 50% off coupon at Michael's so I broke down and bought it. You know I'm a sucker for a good cupcake.


I've also been wanting to make her a birthday shirt to wear for the party, this is what we came up with, she's really excited about it. I only let her wear it to model for the pictures, but she is going to have to wait for the party to get to have it.



And on the birthday theme of this post, Happy Birthday to Dusty! Dusty and I have known each other for as long as I can remember. She is my sister Katie's best friend from our childhood, and her older sister Dawn and I were best friends growing up. We had so much fun together as a foursome, it's been so much fun to watch Dusty grow and become such a beautiful person inside and out. I really admire her, she finished nursing school even after starting her own family, and has continued to raise beautiful girls while maintaining a great career in nursing. So Dust, Happy Birthday to you, it was fun to see you guys last week, we need to do it again soon!


Dusty, Dawn, Me and Stephanie at P.F. Changs when Steph was in town last week.

10 comments:

Dusty said...

Oh, thanks Nancy. We sure did have some fun growing up. One of my favorites is the pancake mix on the faces. We would let you guys do just about anything to us. I had a very nice time last week as well. Good food, good company. That's a hard one to beat. You looked beautiful by the way.

Sarah said...

Love the cupcake cake idea. But as a kid, I would have been disappointed to realized the top was not 100% frosting. Maybe even now too. I have a real problem with suger.

Love the cute shirt! You are so clever Nancy.

Karla Rauch said...

I love cupcakes. It looks like it will be fun. Ok you are talented, I love her little shirt, I want one:) Hope you are doing well.

Sarah said...

Hi! Just came upon your blog. That is the cutest t-shirt...you need to open an Etsy shop and sell those suckers!
I'd buy one!

pam said...

Lucky Hallie! such a cute shirt. Loved the cake pans too. What a great idea. P.S. to Hallie. If you just whine a lot, she'll probably let you have the shirt early!

Angela said...

Happy birthday to Hallie and Dusty! And the shirts adorable. She'll have to wear one of those cupcake pendants you made.

Angela said...

P.S. I like Hallie's hair in the picture. And I like your hair too. is it different?

Nancy said...

My hair isn't different just pulled back, and Halie's is just actually done, don't worry she undid it two minutes after the photo. And I'm thinking about an Etsy shop, but I'm always thinking about it, trying to find time!

Dawn said...

I LOVE your creativity Nance! Always have and always will. You are so multi-talented. What a lucky little Hallie to have such an amazing Mom! Last week was a blast, I hope we get to do it again soon. Good luck with the party planning (not that you need any luck of course) I have been eyeing that cupcake mold for a while now too. So much fun! I can't believe Hallie is turning 5!

Courtney said...

My friend made that cake for her daughter and it was really cute. Love the shirt too!