Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our little Johnny Appleseed

Guess who's excited his Mom came to class and is taking pictures to document?


On Friday I went to Dallas' class to help with Johnny Appleseed Day to honor this great Amercian hero who planted apple trees (huh?). Anyway they've been doing an apple unit at school and this party was the climax filled with apple crafts and cider/juice taste tests. He had a great time, and it was fun to get to visit him in his class setting. This morning Dallas crawled into bed with me (why is it that during the week I have to drag him out of bed, but on the weekend he's bright and chipper at 6:45?) and we were telling Travis about Johnny Appleseed Day. I told Dallas that one of the girl's in his class was telling me how Dallas used to chase her on the playground back in Kindergarten.

Dallas' reaction, "No, I didn't. "
Mine, "I'm just telling you what she said."
Dallas, "I didn't chase her on recess Mom. It was the other way around."

The truth comes out, he's not a girl chaser, just a chasee, I'm not sure who to believe. Either way
I think he's pretty cute.






Dallas wore green in honor of his favorite apple, I wore green to support Dallas even though my favorite kind of apple is a Pink Lady.

5 comments:

Emily said...

You're good at remembering to take pictures.

J and Rachel Kirkham said...

You're selling your house? Are you leaving Arizona?

Mike and Joy said...

That's a funny story...wonder if we will ever know the truth about who is chasing who (whom?)
I didn't know you were selling your house. Where are you going???

pam said...

What a fun thing to study at school. Glad you got to go and share it with Dallas.

Karla Rauch said...

That is so cute. I love the recess story.