Sunday, September 21, 2008

Noble and Great



This evening in our Family Home Evening lesson we were talking about the Plan of Salvation and the premortal life. Travis was trying to explain Abraham's vision to the kids of the Noble and Great Intelligences that existed before the world was. He then asked the kids if they knew who the Noble and Great ones were. Hallie was quick to answer that she indeed was one of them.

"I am. I'm a Kung Fu Master (said in all seriousness)." Of course this produced some laughs from her family, "No, I am, that's my talent. I know how to Karate Chop." She sternly chided us for our outburst. Apparently Hallie had a primary lesson today on talents, and had very seriously decided that this was her talent. I guess I'll have to get her those Karate lessons after all. She's been asking about them for some time now, and now that I know I have a Noble and Great Kung Fu Master on my hands, I'd better not put it off any longer! At least she's trying to understand the scriptures and how they relate to Kung Fu Panda. We are very proud.
And with nothing to do with Kung Fu whatsoever, Jenn, this is on it's way to you, I hope it gets there soon! Watch for a Halloween giveaway coming up soon!

8 comments:

pam said...

If Hallie gets Kung Fu lessons, she will indeed be a formidable force to be reconned with.

Jen said...

That is HILARIOUS! I hope I can raise a Kung Fu Master!

jennifer said...

She is so adorable!

Love that cupcake and can't wait to get it. Thanks Nancy!

Shauna said...

Hey little lady, when you get a chance, will you email me your address?? I'm so glad to see you guys are having fun and laughing.

Thanks- shaunahbrown@yahoo.com

hendywow said...

Okay, I am looking at your blog and you had better not even say anything about not knowing what your talent is! Anyway I am the one who needs to figure that out. Maybe I should check out Kung fu!

Angela said...

Your children are pretty much hilarious. I think they get it from me.

Steph said...

I was laughing so hard at this. I love that little girl!

Sorry about this weekend. I was so busy with family. I will call you this week!

Austin said...

Hilarious.