Monday, September 8, 2008

In A Nutshell

The last few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind. I tend to get behind on blogging when I'm actually out doing things and having fun, so since I'm so behind I'm going to give it to you all at once, in a nutshell. Here goes.

Dawn and I flew into the O.C. airport (I just like to say that) to meet Stephanie and Liz for a fun filled girl's weekend to celebrate our 30th year of life. We stayed at Newport Beach and had fun in the surrounding area. One of my favorite spots was Balboa Island, I love the cute, quaint beach town. We were lucky to get this trip in before Dawn turns 31 (and okay the rest of us aren't too far behind). But we made it, and had so much fun. There's nothing like a trip with these girls who know everything about me and love me anyway. I've literally known Liz for the last 30 years, and Dawn and Stephanie for about 24. We go way back, and we always have fun together reminiscing, eating, and shopping. It doesn't really matter where we go, we always do those three same things.


I found a new love: Pinkberry. So good, wish they had it here. We also hit Sprinkles Cupcakes, they were as yummy as I remembered. Are you sensing a theme here? We ate, a lot. . . that is
usually a big part of what we enjoy together.



Then home from California I had to get ready for our ward's Super Saturday coming in October. I am in charge of three of the classes so I had to have the samples ready. We're making these fabric holiday buntings that I gave away during the auction. One side is Halloween and the other is Thanksgiving, they turned out cute and were fun and easy to make.



We are also making some Christmas vinyl decorations via the fabulous Mandy and her husband's vinyl machine. These turned out so cute, and if you want one I can put in an order for you or you can talk to Miss Mandy yourself. I keep thinking of new ideas, so I might be having some more fun with this new world of vinyl in the future. Stay tuned.


Travis finally found a Broncos game that wasn't on Sunday, albeit preseason, he still had a great time rooting his team on. Even though it was at the Cardinal's stadium, the Broncos won, I'm sure it was because of the new Broncos shirt Travis wore. Go Broncos!



Travis had some business in Utah, so the kids and I tagged along for the week. We flew into Salt Lake City with the kids, for their first plane trip. We usually do things like drive to Canada, but we thought it would be fun to show the kids how to get somewhere fast. They thought it was great, and weren't scared a bit. I tried to hide my fear of flying, and put a brave face on. Actually both legs of the trip were pretty uneventful, which is how I like to fly!



Once in Utah we had a great time with cousins and Grandparents, so much fun that I forgot to take any pictures. I only had to take one trip to the Insta Care with Hallie. Why do my kids get sick every time we leave the state? Hallie woke up one morning with what I thought were hives and my mother-in-law thought were the Chicken Pox. So one trip to the doctor and all my shopping money later (my health insurance likes to gouge me when I'm out of state) we decided it was an allergic reaction. We were glad that was all.



I did manage to get this shot of Hallie and her cute cousin Morgan with a huge stuffed bear at the Quilted Bear. I love that place, so much cute stuff. I don't remember ever going there at Halloween time, but let me tell you it is full of the cutest Halloween decorations. I have a bit of an obsession with Halloween decorations. Too bad I didn't have room in my suitcase, I'll be sure and hit it again next year, or maybe the day after Halloween when it's all on sale! Sorry to any friends that we didn't get a chance to see. It's been a bit of an adjustment to have so much family in one place, it makes it hard to get to see anyone else. But we'll be back soon. Maybe even next month. I have a feeling we will have a busy few months ahead filled with some changes for our family (I'm not pregnant, not that kind of change). I'll let you know more as soon as I get the details. TTFN.














8 comments:

Courtney said...

so many fun things. love the crafts.

jennifer woodbury said...

Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun and staying busy! So glad to hear you loved Balboa Island. We are staying there for Matt's family reunion next summer.

pam said...

Loved your pictures. Glad you had a fun time in California with the girls. We were happy to have you here and glad you made it home safely.

~Cari said...

Fun to see pics of the 4 of you! And your blond kiddos are so cute!

Dawn said...

Nancy, I've been meaning to call you but i found a pinkberrys here. Okay it's not pinkberry it's wild berries and it's right by the target in MV. It's almost identical. It's soooo good I've already been there twice and I live miles and miles away from it.

Joan and Mike said...

I'm sorry - you don't know me however I was googleing images for These Is My Words and your blog popped up - @ first I thought it was mine because strangely enough we have the same back ground colors, type colors and font! And you were talking about Twilight - my favorite in the world - and about your ward (I'm guessing your are LDS as I am) - I just thought this was too much of a coincidence to pass up - so I thought I'd say HI to someone who has great taste in blog colors, and more importantly -- books!

AL&G said...

I miss your face.

Zariah said...

I will wait for your Halloween decoration photos.