Friday, August 15, 2008

A Little Birdie Told Me

Yesterday I decided to throw caution and laundry to the wind and break out my sewing machine. I'm a rebel I know. House Hunters be warned, there is a sewing machine in my family room! My poor little Bernina has been sitting in the closet for way too long, so after going to a fun quilt store with Mandy yesterday, I just had to get it out. I am helping out with our ward's Super Saturday coming up in October and need to make some examples of what we will be making then. But before I do that, I wanted to try these birds.

I've been a bit obsessed with little birds lately, so when I saw the pattern for these here (just click on the blog and you'll find the bird pattern under the free patterns section) I decided I had to try them. They were really easy, so simple that I'm seeing lots of these in my future. I think they'd make cute Christmas tree ornaments in Christmas fabric, and I even think they'd be cute Halloween birds with Halloween fabric. These two were just to see if I could make them work, and I think they turned out pretty cute.





Once you print off the pattern, you cut it out and trace it onto your fabric then cut the fabric out, and pin like crazy. It looks a little Voodoo, I know, but the results are very sweet.





Next up: a Halloween and Thanksgiving fabric bunting, stay tuned...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your birds! You did a great job! And is there a cute fabric store out by you? What's it called?

Austin said...

Welcome to Nancy's aviary, a sanctuary for fabric birds. They look great, and nice title.

pam said...

Now I know what birds you are talking about. Should have read this post before asking about the last one. I knew you could handle a little sewing without making too much mess.

Jacque said...

those are the sweetest, most hip-looking birds i've ever seen! you are so talented!

Angela said...

You did an excellent job with the birds. Maybe one day when I'm in need of a mobile you can make one for me. That was in no way an annoucement.