Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First born's first day of first grade

First starts to be a very funny word if you say it too much, go ahead try it, I'll wait. Okay so you see what I mean, I'll try not to say it too much more except that it was my first born's, first day, of first grade.

This "first" felt a lot different than sending Dallas to Kindergarten for the first time. Last year I felt like we were heading into the unknown, that my baby had suddenly grown up too fast, and that we were positively not ready for all day Kindergarten. And while I still feel like we're moving too fast, this time I had more confidence in sending Dallas to a place I knew he'd love. And he loved it just as much as I thought he would.

Our summer vacation in this neck of the woods goes by very fast, unfortunately it still feels like summer here weatherhwise. Dallas kept asking me yesterday why it still felt like summer, as if magically the heat would disappear since I kept saying summer was over and it was time to go to back to school. But, despite the heat, Dallas had a great day and even came home with a "happy note." And that makes me strangely happy too. I think someone should start handing out happy notes to good moms, I would really like to get one. . .


Dallas and the breakfast he didn't eat followed by the lunch he didn't eat at school, where did I get this boy?



Waiting for his ride with a face that says "Mom, stop taking pictures!"



His not so new outfit, the boy refused to go shopping to get new clothes for school, we decided to wait til we needed winter clothes for that.



He did however get new Canadian Kicks, he later enthusiastically told me they were "unstoppable" on the playground.



Off to school, I didn't even shed a tear this year, hopefully that doesn't make me a bad mom, just a confident one.



okay one last shot of my beautiful boy and his unstoppable shoes, may they always be so...

The happy note, I knew he was a good boy.

Hallie doesn't start until next week, so hopefully no more sappy posts until then. In other news Mandy called yesterday to say her mom discovered a GREAT new fabric store. We're going Thursday, and that makes me happy!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so jealous...

Mandy said...

Maybe if you are good tomorrow, I will write you a happy note!

pam said...

Wonderful pictures of Dallas on his first day of school. Glad he likes his new Canadian shoes. Tell me all about the fabric store Betsy discovered. I will want to go the next time I come.

Shauna Brown said...

I know, I'm the worst blogger ever!! Now that's besides the point! Gosh, you've been busy! Traveling, cooking, reading, sending kids off to school! You're one busy Mom! When do you go to CA for the Girl's Trip?? We really need to plan a time to be there at the same time!
P.S. Love the shoes!!