Thursday, July 31, 2008

Heard round here

This morning while playing Mario Kart with his friend Dallas said:

"If I knock you I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to win the race."
That about sums up my boy, polite and sweet to a fault. When Dallas and Hallie were little Hallie used to bully her big brother. She'd scratch him (people often asked me if we had a cat, no just a little sister), pull his hair and hit him, and he'd cry and complain, but never hit her back. I used to tell him to hit her back, and I would get upset that he wouldn't. I thought getting hurt herself was the only way she'd learn that it really did hurt, and to be nice. But Dallas never would hurt her back.

I think my mistake was not realizing that his good example would eventually rub off on her. We now have a very sweet little lady who only occasionally shows signs of her former self. And I'm happy to report that for the most part these two are best friends and get along beautifully.














While I was looking through old photos I also noticed something new: Dallas has a pose he likes to strike when I'm taking pictures, I'm calling it: The Rockstar.



And then I noticed that Hallie has a pose that she likes to strike too. I'm calling it: The Mom.

I don't know where she gets that from!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Very funny poses. I hope my two get along as well as your two.

Courtney said...

Love the rock star and mom pose (although it looks a but like a cheerleader pose to me too).

You're very lucky they get a long so well. Some days I think mine are going to kill each other.

Angela said...

Don't worry, Court. Austin and I got very close to killing eachother several times, but we were the best of friends by high school.

jennifer woodbury said...

So adorable. I love the poses!

Stephanie said...

I love all the picture's, so cute! Fun to see them together and so nice they get along. You have really good kids!

Karla Rauch said...

Ok first of all your kids are adorable. I love their little poses. 2nd your vacation looked like so much fun. I heard Canada is gorgeous.

AL&G said...

I would love to comment on how cute you and your kids are, but I am having a hard time focusing on anything but the fact that you still haven't moved to UT yet. Not that I am wishing a move to UT on anyone, it's just that I am a little eager to have a little more Nancy and the Jo... clan around. Are you ever coming? Is this too pushy to say over a public blog forum? Oh well, I lost any tact I ever had years ago.

Keith and Lynsi said...

I love how they are best friends! So cute! oh and I loved your Hawaii post a while back ... you are so funny! I always love to read your p0sts!

Toria said...

you have the cutest kids. whenever i read stories about Dallas, I always think he and Asher sound so similar, but now I'm not so sure. I don't think mine is so nice. he has been known to hit- maybe not his sister, but still. AND love the pictures and the poses- so cute!