Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A vacation, an anniversary, and a blogging milestone.

We spent last weekend in sunny California, and couldn't have had a better time. Stephanie stepped up and helped us like a champ, we were invited to a wedding in San Diego on Saturday night so she watched our kids for us, over night mind you. I don't think Dallas and Hallie even missed us they had so much fun! Once the wedding was over we headed back to the Weavers and had a good time hanging out with them and the Jergensens for church and Sunday dinner. I love my friends, and wish they lived closer, but have to say it's nice to know people in California. My kids had a blast playing with their little friends, and Travis even made a friend of his own in Stephanie's little Ellie who hardly left his side the whole weekend. I know how you feel Ellie, he's really just a big teddy bear! We spent Monday at the beach, and Tuesday at Disneyland thanks to Stephanie, and Liz for hooking us up and hanging out with us. We couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise or crowd wise. We hardly waited in a single line, and got to go on all the rides we wanted to. The kids are at a great age for Disneyland, and were able to enjoy all the rides. I think Disneyland is definitely our family vacation of choice.




We were sad to leave, but happy to be home again. We attended another wedding this last Saturday, and celebrated our own eighth wedding anniversary yesterday. I can't believe we've been married for eight years! That is crazy to me how fast it's all gone by. But when I look back at where we've been and the family we've created I can't remember a time when we weren't together. I love Travis so much and am so happy to have him by my side. He is truly my best friend and biggest supporter, and a wonderful father. Our future looks to be having some big changes in it, and I can't wait for all that it holds. I feel like this is going to be a busy summer. I recently got a fortune in a fortune cookie that says, "You will have complete contentment by summer's end." I think about that a lot, even though I don't put much stock in Chinese fortune cookies, it doesn't hurt to put that thought out into the universe.

This is my one hundredth blog post. I love what this blog has done for me. I started it with the intention of becoming a craft blogger, but it's turned into so much more for me personally. This blog has been such a great outlet for my thoughts, feelings, and life happenings. The biggest surprise for me has been how much it has helped me reconnect with old friends. How did we ever live without our little blogs? So cheers (ya, I've been to a lot of weddings lately) to the next hundred posts, and the new and old friends they will bring. And I couldn't leave you without a
few of my crafty ventures as of late. I also recently updated my flickr and added more pics from crafts the last year and a half, I must say I surprise even myself with the volume I've put out, I tend to forget since I give most of it away. Kind of fun, have a look.
.

14 comments:

jennifer woodbury said...

Happy anniversary, and happy 100th post! I agree, what did we ever do without blogs? I love them!

Mandy said...

Your trip looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Happy anniversary.

emily snyder said...

laura showed me one of the bags she has and i started coveting it...then she told me it was made by YOU!!!!!!
to be as talented and amazing as you..wow, then I would be content (thanks for sharing your fortune cookie thought!!)

where are you living? how i wish was here!!

Shauna Brown said...

Jealous of your CA vacation! Now we just need to time it when I'm there too! Congrats on your Anniversary! Your were a BEAUTIFUL bride with that blond hair! I love the shirt you made and your look so HOT in the pic of you holding the camera. Love the hair pulled back!

Courtney said...

Happy anniversary and 100th post. Shouldn't there be a cake for that or something. We need to hit Westgate someitme soon!

Toria said...

Jealous of your fun trip. I'm so glad I have you and your 100 posts to thank for getting me into blogging. I think without blogs, I would be here crying my eyes out every now and then missing my friends and wondering what fun they are up to without me. Now, I still miss you guys, but I don't have to wonder, I get to sort of live it and have a little of you here with me.
Happy Anniversary- I was sad I was out of the country for your wedding too- what's up with that? I'm anxious to hear about all your summer plans. Love the projects!

Sarah said...

Nancy you have not aged one bit. That's not fair.

Katie said...

You are a woman who is always making fun things happen. That's what I love about you! Happy anniversary! It's a good thing I wasn't afraid to talk to Travis and got the two of you together. Yeah Morinda! Where would you be if we had stayed at the floral warehouse job. It's a good thing we quit before we even started. Oh, we had so much fun together!

Nancy said...

Katie! What do you mean where would we be? We might have married migrant farm workers, moved to Mexico, and opened a flower shop. I can't tell you how many times I've regretted quitting...And yes we did have fun, thanks for introducing me to Travis, he'll have to do I guess I should put to rest the flower shop dream.

Angela said...

Great post, Nanc. I'm jealous of your Disneyland Trip. Speaking of, Liz's sister-in-law just started working in my office. Random. When are you going to come visit us in Utah?

Dave, Bonnie & Taten said...

Hey Nancy, Loved the pictures. 8 years-time really flys huh. I love reading your blog. You make really great stuff. I wish I had some of your talent. I keep kicking myself for not emailing you about a bag. I saw the one you made for Emily. I can't believe we live so close and don't ever hang out. I'll tell Dave to get off his but and call Travis. Or you and I will just have to plan something. Before you leave the state.

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary Nancy and Travis!! I don't know what we did without blogs either. I'm glad I'm finally in the loop. I always love your posts and seeing all your crafty pieces. You are truly talented. I hope you have a little time this summer to hang out before big things happen for you. I am excited though for your adventures ahead. Love you!

pam said...

Loved all your pictures, especially the ones of your wedding. What great memories. I really did think of you on Cinco de Mayo. We went to a concert given by the choir that Laurie's cousin, Martha, conducts. They are going to Italy to perform in June. Anyways, it was really good and then we went for Mexican Food. So we did celebrate your anniversary.

AL&G said...

Happy Anny, Nance. I think of you and the Mexican Hat Dance on the same day every year. What a treat.
Love you,
Linds