Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Playing Catchup

***So this is a very lengthy attempt to catch up on what's been going on around here lately... also for those of you worrying about my hair, you can take a sigh of relief; thanks for all the concern, but the blue seems to have mostly washed out. No worries, I'm back to my old self and feeling blondely ambitious (whatever that means).***

It seems like this school year went by so fast, here I was so worried about having Dallas go to all day Kindergarten, and now it's over, and we both want it back! I'm so happy that we had such a successful year, and that both Dallas and Hallie were happy with their teachers and classmates. Dallas' school even had a little graduation ceremony for the kids, and somehow Dallas knew to expect a graduation present. Who knew kindergartners graduated, I don't think I got a graduation ceremony or present when I finished Kindergarten, but was happy to get to go see him "graduate." I was feeling emotional about it before it started, but made it through without crying until they showed a slide show and played sappy country music in the background with the singer crooning "let them be little." And that is about how I feel right now. I told Dallas to stop growing and not to expect a birthday this year because I want to keep him five forever. Somehow I know that won't happen, but I wish I could press pause on life sometimes.




Hallie seems to want to grow up on me too, and also had a little promotion ceremony for preschool. She overheard her brother talking about presents and expected one too. So I got them both workbooks for the summer and called them presents, and they seemed to be excited about them. Anything with stickers seems to make them happy at this point. I enjoyed Hallie's preschool that we created with some friends, but I think next year I'll let someone else be the teacher. I decided I'm not entirely cut out for preschool.




Dallas also had his final soccer game of the season a week ago, and scored two goals. I felt a little sorry for the other team, the final score was 7-0. But what can I say, we had a good team and the pink bubblegum girls were easily defeated by the killer bees. I thought the cupcakes from his soccer party were cute, but I did not make them.







And Dallas' class also had a field day their last week of school, I went and watched my little muscle guy tear it up on the field. He loved every minute of it, and is sad to be separated from his friends for the summer.






I also thought I'd put up a few crafts I've done lately. I somehow got put officially on the Homemaking committee as the "poster girl." I didn't know they have official poster girls, but I think they created it so I could officially make the homemaking posters. We're having a pajama party (they told me they got the idea from my 30th birthday party) so this is what I came up with. I thought they were cute. And I donated this bag to a charity raffle for a fundraiser. Everyone really liked it, I think I need to work more with appliques, but they are a little complicated, this one is a little rough, but I just pretended it was supposed to be that way. And this little princess bag was a gift for Stephanie's little Ellie. Stephanie said she likes it so much she sleeps with it at night, I feel that way about my bags too! And for Ellie's brothers, Blake and Brady, I made some baseball blankets. They sleep with them too, but they are probably more comfortable than the bag! But unfortunately my crafts are all sitting on the back burner right now and I'm focusing on my house. Right now my kitchen is torn up, and who knew your whole life could revolve around a torn up kitchen. So if I seem a little distant from the blog world that is why. We are replacing counter tops and appliances in the hopes that someone will want to buy our home. Yes, I think we're moving. More on that to come...












8 comments:

Angela said...

Cute stuff Nanc! And that's a fun idea for enrichment. I might be the enrichment leader, but I pretty much have no say in what we do for our enrichments, since they have four traditional enrichments we do every year in my ward. Oh well.

Courtney said...

Good summary post. Life is so busy right now it really is hard to get it all down.

The bag was a big hit! I love the pj party idea and the "poster" calling.

AL&G said...

Nice entry and all, but I am mostly interested in the "moving" portion. More details please. I like you,
Linds

Becky said...

The first name "fancy" fits you nicely! Love the cute cute crafts/bags/posters. Dallas and Hallie are the cutest things you've ever created, yet, though. Those two are hard to beat! If you find that pause button, tell me!

just me said...

you are amazing, nancy. like always! that bag (well, all of them, but specifically the black & green one) is fabulous. i LOVE it. and the baseball blankets? joey saw them and wondered where his was. *lol*

but - you can't leave me hangin with the moving portion ... details, girlie! and no worries - your 'secret' is safe with me.

Toria said...

I'm glad you ended with the fun crafty stuff, because I was getting teary just reading about that feeling of wanting to put life on pause. I am totally with you- I have always been more on the sentimental emotional side and having kids cranked it up a few (or maybe more) notches!

love the bags and the enrichment calling. To call yourself the "poster girl" almost sounds like you should be in a swimsuit and have a calendar! Looking forward to the moving updates- bummer to upgrade your kitchen for someone else huh? I KNOW the feeling!

pam said...

It was great to be with you and your family this last week even if it was a lot of work. Hope your garage sale went well. Out drive home was pleasant, it was a nice day. Back to the MTC today and your Dad was called into one of the District Presidencies . We'll have to see what that entails. Love to read your blog.

Dave, Bonnie & Taten said...

It was so much fun to read your blog today. I was just thinking that you are in such a different place. Your kids are growing up so fast. Dallas is done with kindergarten already? Cute crafts too. I tried to leave a comment on your last blog but Google or my internet kept kicking me out. Lets get together. Either the 2nd weekend of June or the 4th. Does either work for you?