Thursday, May 15, 2008

I need a fix

I had a conversation with Travis last night, and it went a little something like this.

"How dare she leave town without even calling you first." Travis said in shock. "I know right, she really should let me know things like that." I said sadly. "Wait, are you being sarcastic with me? You really shouldn't mess with a woman with dark roots." I retorted.


A plea for help:

Dear Leisel,
Why have you deserted me in my time of need? Aren't we friends? Don't we have good conversation as you beautify me? It really hurts my feelings when you leave town. Next time, you should call me first. It's not nice to give me great hair, and then run off so suddenly, right when my true roots are starting to show. I need your golden touch to lighten my life, and my hair. Leisel come home, are you too good for your home? Give me a call as soon as you land, I could get to your house about the same time you do. Better yet, I'll pick you up at the airport, hey, what are friends for? Call me before I do something drastic, I've had thoughts of going to Walgreens and buying a bottle of L'Oreal, it works for Heather Locklear. I need help.
Yours truly,
Nancy

P.S. My blonde ambitions are taking a dark turn for the worse, a very dark turn.

12 comments:

Becky said...

Ha Ha! A woman and her hair dresser have a very unique (intense) relationship.

I'm gonna forward this link to her and we'll get you the necessary help before you cross the line into Loreal land!
Don't Do it Nancy! We are here for you!

Stephanie said...

You crack me up! I never had a "root" problem until I moved to CA and ended up with Orange County Blonde hair, I feel your pain!

Sarah said...

I'm in desperate need of a hair fix too. When is she coming back?

Toria said...

you crack me up. I'm so the same about actually booking appointments in advance to get my hair done. Especially when it's a friend. For some reason I wait and wait until I can't take the root problem anymore and then I'm miserable until my hairdresser friend has time in her schedule- now my problem is opposite too. My roots are lighter than my hair and therefor I feel like it looks like I'm going gray. I KNOW that I'm not, but does everyone else?

MarySue said...

You are a clever, clever gal. From an old grayhaired friend.

Leisel said...

Dear Nancy

I am sorry I abandoned you in your time of need. Truely you were in my thoughts especially knowing how we made you even blonder the last time. I knew you must be getting desperate soon. Please forgive me as I do so enjoy the pleasure of your loveliness. We have standby tickets but are planning on comeing home in about 6 days. Talk soon. xoxox- Leis

Nancy said...

Like I said Leis, I'll pick you up at the airport, you only think I'm kidding...

pam said...

Sorry about the hair, Nance, I guess if you are still desperate when we come, we could get the L'Oreal stuff from Walmart and give it a try. But of course it wouldn't be up to Leisel's standards.

Angela said...

There is always the option of going (gasp) your natural color. I did it and it's not so bad.

Mike and Joy said...

I had no idea you were this desperate or I would have offered to help you!! Too late now as you took matters into your own hands!!

hendywow said...

Holy Moly Girl! You are pretty fashion-forward, and I think you can pull it off if you just act like it's exactly as you planned! You look great no matter the color of your ambitions!

Karla Rauch said...

Nancy,
Ohhh that is to bad about the blue roots. I know it always seems like when you can't stand your hair any longer it is almost impossible to find time in the schedule or something comes up for to get it done. I have to say Nancy you could have started a new trend! haha. It was a cute post.