Monday, May 12, 2008

Everyday should be Mother's Day!

I think that everyday should be Mother's Day! We had such a wonderful, relaxing Sunday yesterday that I've decided we should repeat it, everyday. It started with breakfast in bed. Travis and the kids made orange rolls, sausage and eggs, and pancakes. It was a little more than I really needed, but I loved that they thought of everything. I ate a little in bed, and then went downstairs to enjoy breakfast with the whole family. The kids were so excited and kept telling me how much they loved me and how great I was (trust me, this doesn't happen everyday).

Then we had a great day at church, Travis and I team teach primary, so he was nice enough to do it alone and let me enjoy Relief Society instead. My favorite part was when someones Grandma who was visiting let her cell phone ring loudly for at least five rings before loudly answering her phone, "Hello, I'm in church!" Although disruptive to the lesson, I must say it was rather humorous.
Then Sunday afternoon I enjoyed a nap and woke up to Travis and the kids once again cooking a fabulous dinner, the best part was Travis had grocery shopped for all of it himself, and made a great steak and potato dinner complete with strawberry pie. Like I said, why isn't mother's day everyday, it would sure make my job a lot easier!
Last week I was able to go to "Muffin's with Mom" at both Dallas and Hallie's school. Both kids schools put on great programs with songs about their moms. I love watching them perform. Then they both made some really cute little gift's for me. But my favorite gift was the mother's necklace from Travis and the kids that I've been wanting. It was a great day, but I woke up to the rigors of motherhood with a sick Dallas. On a great day, or a sick night, I'm so blessed to be a
mother.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Okay, what's this business about you saying "I see dead people in the house". Also, I'm dying that he said "I like being with my mom most when she's nice". Hilarious. Happy Mother's Day!

Nancy said...

Angela, so I suppose I should explain myself since it sounds a little creepy. Dallas had a spelling list about a week ago with the words see and sea on it. We were practicing them and I needed sentences to go with them, so unfortunately when I said I see... the first thing that came to my deranged mind was dead people. Dallas of course thought it was hilarious and probably had to write down a funny thing that day and so said that. Be careful what you say, it may come back to haunt you! And unfortunately he said I am usually nice, but not always. So again, be nice, always. Mostly I was glad he thought my favorite food was salad, ha! Do I ever have him fooled!

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's Day! My favorite thing's are always the things they write about us...Brady's favorite thing about me is that I can throw the football really high. I didn't think I could, but he does and that is all that matter's! Love your cute necklace!

pam said...

Glad you had such a great Mother's Day. I want to know if Travis and the kids washed the dishes and generally cleaned up after all the cooking they did! It all sounded really good. Love the necklace. Where does one get such a necklace with the names on it?

Mandy said...

I am glad that Dallas assiciates cooking with being smart. Can't wait to see you.

Karla Rauch said...

Nancy,
I love the hats. How fun what a neat experience the school put on for the kids and their mothers. Thank you for helping to entertain my little one in relief society Sunday.He sure love your shoe haha.

Dawn said...

You are a wonderful mom and I'm so impressed with Travis. Glad you had a great mother's day! You deserve it. I miss you and can't wait to see you and your cute kids!