Friday, April 25, 2008

water, check, ducks, check!

I can't believe it's Friday already, the weeks seem long, but the weekends go by so fast! Last weekend we had our usual soccer game followed by a family outing. I think I drive my husband crazy on the weekends because I always have a small checklist of things or places I want to visit. Last weekend on my checklist was: water and ducks. Those two things are hard to come by in the desert. Luckily we found them both and checked them off my list. Since we have a few weeks left of beautiful weather I felt we should take advantage of the great outdoors, so we found some water, and even some ducks, and had a picnic.


After our picnic at the park we needed some ice cream and ended up at our weekend "family date spot" at Westgate. Somehow Hallie, against her mother's wishes, always ends up in the water. And since I wasn't prepared with a towel Travis gave her his T-shirt and drove home in his undershirt. Once she pulled off her wet clothes she asked if we didn't all want to get naked for the drive, I tried to explain to her that her parents could end up in jail for that kind of exposure.




This weekend on my checklist: mice, a princess castle, and a Jedi Master. I'll let you know if we find them!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Kids are funny. I can just imagine if you got pulled over during your naked drive.

Your to do list is very cryptic.

Toria said...

you are so like me with your lists for family time. I do the same thing to John and it sounds like we're both racing the calendar with that bad weather around the corner just as everyone else can't wait for their good weather to start! Can't have it all I guess, well unless you live in California, but then maybe it's a race against the crowds.
I agree with Courtney- very checklist.

Becky said...

Hallie's a regular commedian. So glad shes so darn comfortable in her skin! And cute to boot. . .And I dig Dallas making the cool faces!

just me said...

she's so danged cute! both of your kids are adorable. sounds like your weekends are so much fun!

so - what kind of mice are you looking for?

Sarah said...

Sounds like you're Disneyland-bound.

pam said...

I hope you do find your mice, princess castle and Jedi Master. I think Becky can't wait until Sophie is a little older so she'll have a girl interested in princesses.

Courtney said...

I had to come back because it just barely dawned on me what your checklist meant! I really need more sleep.

hendywow said...

Great pics of your family, I need to start making checklists!