Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Soccer, Sushi and Silly School Day

Last Saturday Dallas had his first soccer game of the season. This is his second season, and the last time he played, although he loved playing, he mostly jumped around and cheered on his teammates. I think he improved more on his dance skills than his soccer skills. So I was quite pleasantly surprised to see him breakout as one of his teams "superstars." So technically there are only like 8 kids on the team, and mind you they are five years old, but in my mind he had improved so much he might as well have been David Beckham. Okay so no goals or anything yet, I mean the final score of the game was 1-0 thanks to Porter who scored our only goal, but Dallas was right there kicking that ball and was so close to a goal that I know it's only time before college scouts come our way. I love my monkey boy.






Later that day Hallie was asking about us getting a new house (for a move that we've been discussing for years now, but who knows when it will actually happen). She wanted to know if she and Dallas would have their own rooms (which they do now, I think she was hoping I'd say no so she could share with her brother) and Dallas piped up and said, "Ya, and Mom and Dad can finally get their own rooms too." We had to laugh about that and explain that we want to share a room. I thought it was so sweet and innocently funny.
Saturday night was an adult night out for Courtney's birthday. She picked a Japanese restaurant, it was really fun, but I found it funny that we went to a sushi restaurant and no one ordered sushi. I personally don't like fish, cooked or uncooked. But the food was yummy and the company even better, we always have fun with my sister Becky, her husband Rich, and Courtney and Jeff.






And lastly I added some fun pictures of Hallie. She had silly day at preschool yesterday since it was April Fool's Day. We had fun making her hair and clothes "silly", at first she was all excited about it, but I think the more I laughed, the more she wanted to be cute, instead of silly; so by the time she got to school, most of the "silly" hair was removed. She's already worried about what the boys at school think, I do not know how that started so young!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Dinner was fun. Thanks for helping me celebrate. I rally need to color my grey roots!

The girls had crazy hair day a few weeks ago. We did similar hair to Hallie but Kate refused to participate. She just wanted cute hair. Funny kids!

Stephanie said...

I was thinking how cute Courtney's hair looked in those pics!

Looks like a fun night out. I never liked sushi until the past few years, but I really like it now. My tastebuds must be maturing!!

I love silly school day, cute pic!

Angela said...

Looks like you've been having fun lately! I'm pretty sure Dallas is even better than David Beckham.

Mandy said...

Looks like you all had fun. And your weather looks a lot warmer than ours!

pam said...

Way to go, Dallas and Hallie! You adults look like y'all had fun too. Wish us well, tomorrow night is our missionary reunion!

curley girley said...

That looked like such a fun night out to the Sushi Restaurant. Not even Richard got sushi? I have to say that I really crave sushi when I'm pregnant. I sure could go for some now.

Keith and Lynsi said...

Loved the soccer pics! Dallas definitely looks likes a star in the making! We missed you guys at the Easter Egg Hunt! We will have to plan something else soon...