Sunday, April 6, 2008

Goal! Gunner and General Conference

Sometimes I sit and reflect on the blessings in my life, and am overwhelmed with gratitude. I'm so grateful to be a wife and mother, and I'm so grateful to have been blessed by the husband and two children I have. I have so many moments as a mother where I am overwhelmed with love and pride, one of them occurred yesterday. Dallas scored his first soccer goal. Now don't laugh at me, think back, or look forward to the times when your children accomplished something that they've worked so hard for, that you've wanted so badly for them, and remember the emotions you felt. It's such a wonderful feeling, pure elation. Who knew it could take place on a sunny soccer field, on a Saturday morning sitting next to my husband who could hardly sit he was so proud of his son. I was glad I had my sunglasses on so no one would see that I was quite literally choked up. Our little monkey boy scored a goal, and I don't know who was more excited, Dallas, Travis or me. Hallie was mostly concerned with the ants in the grass trying to eat her oranges. Way to go Dallas! I can't wait to see more, but I know none will be as exciting as the first.




In other happenings around here we had a fun time last week with my favorite friend, and college roommate Lindsey. She came from Utah with her cute little guy Gunner to see the sun for a few days. We took them to, you guessed it, Westgate. The kids have been bugging me to take them back in swimsuits to play in the fountain, so we let them have a little frolic in the water, and soaked up some rays ourselves. We had a great time despite the fact that unbeknownst to any of us Dallas was harboring a little strep throat. Sorry Lindsey! We had no idea, that dang Kindergarten can sure pack a punch when it comes to those pesky germs. Hopefully Gunner avoided the plague.






I loved watching General Conference this weekend. It's so great to sit and be taught by the prophet and general authorities. This morning we were enjoying our usual GC Sunday German panckaes during Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I loved this man, and was happy to enjoy the pancakes of his country as I listened to him speak. I'm so grateful for our prophet President Monson who seems so humbled by the mantle he now carries. We had a great weekend, sadly they always go too fast!

12 comments:

Jen Winder said...

Nancy,

It looks like you and Lindsey had a great time. Please tell her hello from me!

I agree about General Conference. It really was great. I loved the talk on mothers by Bednar and Holland's talk. And so many more.

Go Dallas!!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

WTG Dallas! There really isn't much better than seeing your kids succeed.

Becky said...

Yhea Dallas! What a great nephew you are (and what a great mom you are, Nance!)

Gunner is sure a cutie. . .per the pics I see loads of personality. . . I wonder where he gets that!?

And as for General Conference, wonderful! Elder Uchtdorf's talk was landmark.

Mandy said...

Looks like you had fun with Linds. Maybe we can go to Westgate next week!

Angela said...

Congrats Dallas! Sounds like you guys had an extra amazing weekend.

AL&G said...

Your ridiculously huge and VERY expensive "thanks for all the fun" present is in the mail-it'll probably get lost :), but hopefully the thank you note makes it. Anyway, Gunner and I are feeling great so only the good stuff you passed along stuck. Love you lots, Linds

K said...

Oh how I wish I could have come and enjoyed the sun with you and Lindsey. It looked like a good time. I was starring at the picture of Gunner thinking, I know that kid...who is he. After seeing that is was Lindsey's kid I said, "that's who it is...it's Adam!" What a cutie!
Nancy, you are the queen of "Good Times!" I can't wait to see you guys this summer.
+Katie

Dusty said...

Way to go Dallas, and I know just what you mean about getting choked up. I think it is perfectly acceptable. I remember Lindsey, how fun that she came for a visit. The kids look like they really had a great time!

Toria said...

so fun Nac! glad you finally let Hallie go in the water! She looks like she had a blast and that Gunner is sure a cutie! Tell Lindsey hi. Thanks for the pointers on the good talks. I'll have to start with Elder Uchtdorf's sounds like he's getting great reviews! Oh and I almost forgot to congratulate Dallas! Way to go. I love that you got choked up, cuz ever since becoming a mother, I cry at all those "big events" too!

pam said...

Way to go Dallas! Such a great soccer player you are. And you are so blessed with a Mom and Dad who are always there to share with you those great moments when you do so well and even also when you might not do so well. They'll always be there and love you.

Angela said...

Mom sounded a little like Yoda here:
"Such a great soccer player you are."

Austin said...

Glad Dallas is avoiding the Craig Family Curse, failure in any sport that involves a ball (that was probably just me though). Good Job Dallas! Glad you enjoyed the warmth, hopefully I can come enjoy it with you all some time in the not-too-distant future.