Monday, March 3, 2008

Westgate Weekend

Friday night we had a little Girl's Night Out/Goodbye party for Toria. She is leaving Wednesday for Dubai, yes Dubai. Her husband John (James Bond) took a job there and they are headed to their new life in the middle east. I think Toria is the perfect wife for such a job because when you ask her if she's at all nervous, she just laughs. That's why I love Toria, she always has a smile on her face even when she is moving to an Arab nation across the world! I will miss her, good luck in Dubai T.C.! Sorry to say that I probably won't be coming for a visit any time soon, but can't wait to hear what it's like over there.




Tami, Kimber, Toria (with Cassie in tow) and I met Friday night at Westgate. I've been wondering what it's like there ever since all the hullabaloo of the Super Bowl, so it was fun to go and check it all out. Let me just say that it is awesome. So fun, especially with the wonderful weather we've been having here lately. It really feels more like you're in California than Arizona. We ate at Margaritaville, which is a bit humorous considering none of us drink. But the food was tasty and the atmosphere was festive. They even had a really cute gift shop with lots of fun beach stuff, the problem is that it all says Margaritaville on it. Imagine that.


So I thought Westgate was such a fun place that I went back on Saturday night with Travis and the kids. It's such a great place for a weekend evening because it has a lot of shops, restaurants, and a movie theater all in one location. The Cardinals stadium and the Jobing.com area are all there too within walking distance. We ate dinner, and then sat in the courtyard area and listened to the live band while the kids ran around the fountain. If you're coming to the area or live around here I'd recommend an evening there, especially while we still have nice weather.






Hallie started her new dance class this afternoon. I've been looking for something fun for her to do, she's so bored with Dallas at school everyday. Too bad the class is only once a week! She seemed to have fun, and we signed her up with some of her friends from church, she's quite the social butterfly this little one.


These pictures crack me up, can you tell which one Hallie posed, and which ones I posed? Let's just say that the one she posed herself in says a bit more about her personality than the others.

9 comments:

kimber said...

That was fun Nance! we definitely need to meet up there again.
Cute pictures, I can't wait for my girls to start dance.

Courtney said...

I've been meaning to hit westgate and you provided a good sales pitch! I wish the girls could have taken the dance class with Hallie. Looks fun!

Tami said...

Good times, Nancy pants. You da bomb.

Emily Wettstein said...

Nancy-
I don't know if you got my email or not but I totally want one of those bags. When you get a chance email me and we can chat about the details! Love your kids...they are SO cute!

Talk to you soon...
Em

Stephanie said...

Love the pictures of Hallie, so cute! I have never been to Westgate before but it looks like fun! Miss you!

Toria said...

Hey Nancy- I ended up postponing my flight til next week, so lets have another "good-bye" get together. I'll call you. Cute pics. I will post something soon.

hendywow said...

Okay! Let's hang ouit, go to Tayas with me tonite!
Wen

Dawn said...

Looks like fun!! I'm sorry I missed it. I heard TC postponed. Can we get together this week?? Call me or I'll call you! You're kids are so cute!

Becky said...

How fun fun fun. Is any body having a birthday on the West Side this month? Looks like the perfect place for a date night.

And Hallieis a crack up! Ha. Ha!