Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Good Times

Is it just me or does it seem like Easter came and went too fast and too early this year? Anyway we managed to fit in all the important things, egg hunts and Easter Sunday filled with new Spring attire and ham and potatoes. I think we all had a good time. Travis' parents came to town for the occasion. It was fun to have them, even if it was a quick trip. Hopefully they enjoyed our warm weather, it's supposed to be 90 degrees today! I am not ready for Summer! Oh well. We sure enjoy our Arizona Winters, but the summers I could do without. I think those Snow Birds (retired people who come here for the Winter go somewhere cooler for the Summer) have the right idea, we may have to try that someday. For now we're here, and happy to be, check back with me in July.
We had a great Easter Sunday dinner, our friends the Howes joined us along with Grandma and Grandpa Joe. I'll let the pictures speak for me, and make this a short entry. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!













14 comments:

Sarah said...

Delicious! And just look at those well-dressed children. I completely forgot to take pictures of everyone in their Easter best. Bummer. It was a great Sunday - I love hearing the Easter talks at church and teaching our children of Christ.

Stephanie said...

Your kids look so cute! All of your food looks so yummy, especially that chocolate cake! Can't wait to see you next month!

Sarah Jane said...

oh wow! you are so talented! I love the cupcakes! How cute! and that cake...yummy. You have such a darling family nancy!!!

curley girley said...

What do you mean easter snuck up on you, you looked very well prepared. The fam is adorable and I love all the spring colors. Everything is still so wintery here. Come and visit us if you want feel a cool breeze!

Mandy said...

Love the cake with the Peeps! Your kids look adorable as always. We'll be in AZ in a few weeks for our spring break so we will have to get together!

Laura said...

Your kids look adorable. Dallas looks exactly like you and Hallie more like her dad, that 's how our family is too. I love your cake with the peeps. I hate peeps, but I think I would eat that cake. Looks like you had a fabulous holiday!

Katharine said...

I love the cake and cupcakes! I am so craving a treat right now. I wish I could have one! You are truly talented girl! Looks like a fun and successful Easter celebration.

Jen Winder said...

Looks like you had a very YUMMY easter. Wish I could have enjoyed some of your yummy treats.

Courtney said...

Cute cake! Glad you found something useful to do with peeps. The whole family looks so coordinated. I love Hallie's dress.

Becky said...

Yes, I give you many compliments on your Easter Finery and beautiful looking deserts. Love the cupcakes and cake! We sure missed having you on our side of town but know the Grandparents fully enjoyed you.

pam said...

The new Easter clothes look really great as do all the paople and the goodies. Hope you had a fun time. I made some of those unbaked chocolate cookies with oatmeal and coconut and put little pastel M and M's on top for eggs and they looked really good. Tell me next time not to overcook the stuff and put in too much oatmeal and they would have tasted better. But nobody complained.

Dawn said...

your kids are adorable and your treats look delicious!! You are such a talented woman. I'm glad to see your putting all your creativeness into such fun things. Miss you!! When's our trip anyway??

Liz said...

Looks like a fun easter at your house! Can I come next year! Heard you are coming can't wait to see you! Miss you.

Toria said...

man, I left a week too soon. I should have stayed and invited ourselves to your house for Easter! we sort of missed the festivities all together. I miss you already and wish we could have connected again. Someday I'll take you up on that bracelet and we'll get the pedicures we never got!