Friday, March 7, 2008

Crafty tidbits

I've been doing a little crafting around here lately, so I thought I'd share some of the finished products. Hallie was so excited last week to start her new dance class so we decided she needed a bag for her dance shoes. I've been wanting to do some applique stuff, so this ballerina shoe bag is what I came up with. The H for Hallie is on the back. I did some similar bags for Courtney's girls (Paige, Kate and Ellie) for their birthday, but no ballet shoes on theirs, those take too long.

I'm working on this bag for myself. I've got a thing for birds lately, I love them and notice them everywhere. I got the template for this little guy from Anna Maria Horner's blog. If you go to her site you can watch her on the Martha Stewart show showing how to make a really cool wall hanging with this silhouette. I love her stuff, she seems like such a great lady, so talented and I love that she's such a family girl; she has five kids but hardly looks old enough to have two! I saw her at the quilt market last year but was too embarrassed to stalk her. I saved that for Amy Butler and Heather Bailey!



These are some posters that I made for our upcoming Relief Society birthday celebration. I spent way too much time on them (think paint, paper, mod podge, and a little sewing too, it was somewhat ridiculous), but I got the idea in my head, and wouldn't settle for anything less. So I'll share them with you so my hard work won't be wasted. I'm not even in the Relief Society, I'm in Primary, but somehow I get roped into things like this. I don't mind though.

14 comments:

Courtney said...

Those posters are crazy adorable! Your ward is lucky to have you. My girls love the bags. I love Hallie's ballet slippers!

Dusty said...

So cute and creative. I know you hear this all the time, but seriously you are so talented. Jaiden also started a dance class last week and loves it. I also thought she needed a bag but found one that she got over a year ago with Tinkerbell on it. It gets the job done just not quite as fashionably.

Mandy said...

So cute Nancy. I love all of the stuff.

Becky said...

Nancy, I love your crafty ways! Fancy Nancy and the Posh RS Posters! You are the Next Anna Maria gonna go show Martha how its done :)

pam said...

Your creations are marvelous! I have worked on a couple of necklaces this week, but still am at a loss to take pictures and post them on the blog by myself. It's sad to be so electonically challenged! But am happy to have such a talented daughter.

just me said...

quit being so crafty, girlie! i'll never get to be like you if i can't catch up.

way cute bags. SO cute. i'm extremelly impressed. wow!

missed you at ladies' night out on thursday - hopefully we'll catch you at the next one.

i was wondering who made the posters for enrichment - they are so cute!!

Jacque said...

you are so amazingly talented, nancy! love it all!

Dawn said...

you are so amazingly talented it's not even fair. I love seeing your new creations, thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to see you!

Sarah said...

Very clever posters. I love it when you post your cute stuff!

Stephanie said...

Love it all! The bags you made for Courtney's girls are so cute! I might need a dance bag for Ellie soon!

hendywow said...

Nanc, they are too cute! You are exactly the way I want to be if I ever grow up!
Wen

Nancy said...

Wendy, don't ever grow up, I like you just the way you are!

Liz said...

Wow! So cute. You are amazing! I want you to come be in YW with me!!

j & rachel kirkham said...

well hello stranger!!! Isn't it funny that we live in the same town and the only time I've seen you is at the grocery store that one day? We need to get together. Your blog is amazing and your kids are so cute! Oh and these crafts are insane...