Monday, February 11, 2008

Thirty and Wicked

I just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you for your sweet comments these last few weeks. Having a miscarriage is such a sad thing to go through, and it means so much to have the loss recognized. I think that the recognition and sadness you all have expressed has helped me find peace in this experience. And I really am doing very well. This isn't what I wanted to happen, but I've accepted it and am trying to move on. I have two beautiful, healthy children, and a wonderful husband who loves me, and I really couldn't ask for more. Without the blessing of my family, friends and my faith, this would have been a much harder burden to bear. Thanks for making it that much easier for me.

I feel like the last two weeks have been a whirlwhind of emotions for me. I had an incredibly sad week, that ended on an upbeat with the best thirtieth birthday bash ever. Right before the party I started to feel sad and sore from the events that I had just undergone, and I wasn't so sure I even wanted to celebrate. But as soon as my Mom, sister, and amazing friends showed up I was able to have fun and be happy about my life. Becky, Courtney and my Martha Stewart Mother threw me such a fun party. The food was fabulous, and the company was even better. I think the Karaoke was a hit, and it was just the best feeling to have fun with the people I love. I think I want a girl's pajama party every year!














Then last Tuesday my Mom and I headed to California to go see Wicked with Liz, her mom Linda, and Stephanie. I can't believe I haven't seen this play before! I really can't say enough about how much I loved this play. I loved the music, the costumes, the set, and was so amazed at how brilliantly clever the whole story line is. Really, find a way to see this sometime in your life, you won't regret it. I don't think I've stopped singing the songs since I saw it. I've even got my kids walking around the house singing "You're gonna be Pop-u-lar!" I loved it so much, and it really couldn't have come at a better time for me. Thanks so much Liz and Stephanie, really this is the best birthday present anyone has ever given me, I loved it!



Then, as if that wasn't enough, last Friday was the annual gem and bead show in Tucson. My mom was still here and Angela flew down for it. We were sad Katie wasn't there this year, but the rest of the Craig sisters wore themselves out looking at row upon row of beads, gems and jewels. What girl wouldn't love this? I tried to stay within reason this year and picked out a few strands of beads, and bought some new earrings and a ring this year. We had so much fun, and I slept so good that night, the bead show might involve more walking than Disneyland! Who knew diamonds could wear a girl out. You aren't allowed to take pictures inside the tents, or believe me I would. Thanks Stephanie for getting us in again, and for introducing me to the most expensive habit I've ever had!





Today I'm ready for life to get back to normal. Laundry is somewhat meditative for me, and I must say I don't even mind doing the dishes. Mostly I like the feeling of a calm, peaceful home, and the satisfaction of providing that for my family. My treadmill has been shamefully unused, and it's my goal to get on today and try to take charge of my health for a few months, and then worry about expanding my family. I've been reflecting a lot lately on what Elder Eyring said at President Hinckley's funeral about how everything will all work out. I really believe that it does, and that there is an unseen hand guiding us through all of our trials. I have felt that hand, and I have truly felt the power of prayer in my life the last few weeks, and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It's so much easier to go through lifes rough spots with friends and family at your side. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you most.

9 comments:

jennifer woodbury said...

I am so jealous. That looks like the most fun birthday party EVER!!! It's good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you a lot!!

Courtney said...

I'm glad you had such a great week!

Mandy said...

Looks like a fun week. You deserve it. Happy 30th!

K said...

Wow, Wicked, diamonds and cupcakes...does it get any better. Well, I guess if I could have been there to see it all myself with you it would have been the ultimate, right Nancy? Now you just "mentioned" you bought a ring, but is that a diamond ring? It is on your wedding finger! It's beautiful! I love you! Wish I could have been there for it all.

Angela said...

Thanks for hosting me, and taking us to the bead show (thanks Steph for getting us in). It was great to spend time with family. Let's see Wicked when we go to NYC!

pam said...

I am glad I was able to be there with you through everything. You do have a lot to be thankful for and things will continue to be good in your life. Thank you for sharing it all with me. I loved the fun stuff we were able to do, thankyou, Becky, Courtney, Liz, Stephanie, and everybody else. It all makes it hard to get back to normal daily life. Keep on being joyful and sharing it with me.

Keith and Lynsi said...

NaNC!
What a fun Party! Thanks for the invite!
It was so fun to run into you at the doc the other morning, hope it all went ok.
I'm so glad you have had a great last couple of weeks, you deserved it!

Stephanie said...

Nancy...I am so glad that we could all go to Wicked together, it was so fun! Wish we would have been there for the pajama party, looks like a great party. Glad you joined me and thirty...can't wait for Liz to join us!

Liz said...

Nancy you deserved to have such a great birthday this year!!! I am so glad you and your Mom drove over to see Wicked! Even though it was quick it was so fun to have you hear and go see Wicked again with such fun company!! I love ya!