Friday, February 22, 2008

Exercise in self control

You all know I have a little obsession called fabric. I don't know what it is about fabric, but I can't get enough of it. I probably oodle over fabric the way some people do clothes and jewelry (I do that too, just less so these days). I've been looking at fabric online for my friend Julee trying to help her pick something for a diaper bag, and I'm having a really hard time not buying stuff for myself. So instead of purchasing all these fabrics I'm going to exercise a little self control and just talk about them. Hopefully I will have almost as much fun, without the buyers remorse!


Without a doubt, one of my favorite fabric designers is Amy Butler. She's got the most amazing style and taste. Right now I'm eyeing these from the Nigella line.





She's also coming out with a new line of quilting fabric called midwest modern, and I can only imagine all the beautiful things you could do with these.


Another one of my favorite designers (I know I've talked about him before) is a fellow BYU grad named Joel Dewberry. He has a new line of home decor fabrics coming out in May, and I can't wait especially since the home decor fabrics work the best for the type of bag I make. I'm loving all of these.




And ever since I made the oilcloth bag I've been looking online for more of that. The bag turned out really cute, and was particularly great to sew with. I'm eyeing these right now from reprodepot. I think they would make such fun beach bags because you couldn't get them dirty!
Okay, that really did make me feel better, and kept me from pushing the buy now button! My husband would like that.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Nancy,
Thanks for the fabric tips. I too have to limit myself. I try to only buy fabric when I am working on a project or know what it will be used for. Here's to self-control!

Mandy said...

I used to have to do that with scrapbook supplies. They are cute fabrics though!

pam said...

Love all those fabrics you posted. Wouldn't it be great if you could make all the cute things you dream up as fast as you dream them up. For me, cute fabric just piles up and gathers dust and I don't get around to making anything from it.

Sarah said...

I too am awaiting Joel and Amy's new lines. (I didn't know about Joel's) Oh, the possibilities. Love the oilcloths too!

just me said...

oh nancy ... i am just going to have to have you make me a bag - will you e-mail me and let me know how much you charge? please? i am DYING and i am SO not talented enough to make them. you are amazing!!

Nancy said...

Jannet, you know I'd love to make you a bag. I don't think I have your email though, email me, my address is just my name, first and last @hotmail.com. We can work with whatever price range you want.

Dave, Bonnie & Taten said...

Me too. I want a bag. How much?

Courtney said...

THese really are beautiful fabrics! Sometimes it really saves money to be un-crafty!

AL&G said...

Can I pre-order a beach bag? I want one. It really works for me to have crafty, talented friends.

Angela said...

Very pretty, Nanc. I especially like Amy and Joel's new stuff.

Austin said...

Looks like you have a market for bag-making, Nancy.