Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mother of The Year

It's almost 10 a.m., and I'm still in my pajamas and I just made top ramen for Hallie's breakfast. As you can see I'm working my way up in the running for Mother of the Year. For the record Hallie doesn't like breakfast food, and daily asks for Macaroni and Cheese or some such lunch-type food for breakfast. Today I gave in and made her top ramen. Dallas on the other hand refuses breakfast, but would at least drink some hot chocolate this morning before he left for school. Back to school, back to schedules, they're hard for me, so I'm taking it slow.

I'm feeling a little blog boring lately, and haven't had much to post. I thought about doing a whole thing on my New Year's Resolutions, but thought no one else really cares about my New Year's Resolutions, but one that I am sticking to so far is to make more "dinners." Travis isn't usually home for dinner, and my kids never want what I make, so we usually go with some sort of quesadilla or some easy thing. But on Monday I made Broccoli Cheese soup, it was good, but Dallas almost gagged when trying it, and Hallie made me strain out the broccoli, but I enjoyed it. Then last night we had beef with broccoli which everyone ate. Sensing a broccoli theme? I decided we don't eat enough vegetables around here and I'm trying hard to have us eat more. We'll see how long we keep it up, I'm thinking chicken and pasta salad tonight (of course the salad will be full of veggies).


I bought some new fabric while in Utah. I'm planning on getting some made into bags soon. I've had a few people ask about buying them, so watch for me to put some up for sale. I'm thinking of opening an Etsy shop (another resolution), we'll see, hopefully I'll get to it sometime before I turn 30!

13 comments:

Courtney said...

Well, it's 11:30 and the kids are dressed but I'm still in my pajamas.

I love the pale blue fabric with the brown and green flower.

jenniferwoodbury said...

Can I tell you how much I love you for writing that first sentence?

You NEED to open an Etsy shop. It would be a huge success, I'm sure of it!

Sarah said...

Yes, do the etsy thing. Your bags are amazing!

Jen Winder said...

I love the blue with the green and brown flowers. Seriously, how can I get one of these?

Dusty said...

Nance,
That is funny two of my goals were to make more dinners and eat more veggies! I love those materials, you are so talented. I am always telling people about you and Katie.

John C. said...

Nanc- i'm telling you, deceptively delicious is the way to go. When we talk or hang out tomorro, i'll fill you in on the non-recipe, quick ways I use my veggie cubes.

Toria said...

oh and that last comment was me too, Toria, I didn't realize my husband was logged into the computer. Kinda funny just thinking of John reading everyone's blogs let alone commenting. Maybe it's not funny to anyone else, but I'm kinda laughing right now.

Stephanie said...

I have a hard time getting back into a routine also. I still haven't unpacked from our trip to AZ. I am taking it slow too! Love the new fabrics!

Becky said...

Nancy, Love the fabric! I'm laughing at Hallie and the top ramen noodles. You must open the Etsy shop and are you turnging thirty this year? Its a great decade! You'll love it. :)

kimber said...

It's almost 4:oo and Madix is still in her pajamas, does that count. It's good to hear that master home maker doesn't make dinners everynight, that makes me feel alot better. I'll have to let Dave know.

Nancy said...

Kimber, Master homemaker? I never claimed to be! You really haven't spent enough time at my house, have you? Maybe I should post more of what life is really like around here, and less of the fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, yes, please! Please tell us that everything you do is not always perfect and wonderful! Hey, Kimber and I are looking forward to your 30th. I can't wait for you to join the club!

-Tami G.

Liz said...

Love the fabrics!!! Gosh...maybe I need another bag, a bigger one this time to hold all my YW junk!!Start a shop on etsy. Then it could be your fun money for our trips and shopping sprees!