Friday, January 11, 2008

If Courtney calls...


If Courtney calls, don't answer the phone. Because if you do, she will tell you that Old Navy is having a huge sale. And if you hear that, you will get in your car and drive to Old Navy. Not because you need anything, but because you can't stand to know that there might be a sale that you might be missing out on. And there might be a $80 pea coat on sale for $20. And even though you don't need a pea coat, you might feel bad leaving it in the store for such a price. And you might see other sad little things you feel bad leaving in the store, and just to ease your conscience, you might buy them. You might even spend $105, but get over $300 worth of stuff. Then she might even tell you that Aaron Brothers is having their penny sale on frames. And even though you weren't planning on buying any frames, you might go into the store because it is next to the Old Navy. And if you go into the store you will see that you can buy a frame, and get another frame for only one penny. Who doesn't need a frame for a penny? So if Courtney calls, don't answer the phone, because then you have to explain to your husband the unexpected shopping spree. And really she was only calling because her car is in the shop, and she's trying to get great deals vicariously through you. So if Courtney calls, don't answer the phone, but if you feel so inclined, head to the nearest Old Navy for their half off their clearance sale and gets tons of stuff for 75% off. Only if you want to. Don't blame me. Blame Courtney. Best to just leave your phone off the hook.

10 comments:

Jennifer Woodbury said...

That is one of the joys of being pregnant, I have absolutely no desire to buy any clothes for myself right now. On the other hand, Ella might NEED a few things from Old Navy...

Courtney said...

I'm glad at least one of us is getting the good deals. I'm pretty sure Jeff is glad the car is in the shop so you are the one getting the deals instead of me.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

great writing.....love it...so creative ...loving the fabrics you picked up in Utah...thanks for entering the raffle.
Jennifer

pam said...

We want pictures of the good stuff you couldn't leave in the store. But remember that Oprah show we watched about that lady who just couldn't pass up the bargains, and filled her large home, complete with basement and 3 car garage with all the clearance items that were calling to her from the stores.

Nancy said...

Mom, don't you know where I learned this behavior? Trust me, they were all things we need, and they are already hung up in the closet, when I have to start putting my bargains in the basement and garage then you can worry!

Becky said...

Now I'm going to have to write a post called "If Nancy calls. . ." because you DID call me and I DID go to Old Navy and I bought stuff that I DON"T need for GREAT prices! Ugh! (p.s. Only spent $35 and no Aaron Brothers in Sight. Phew!)

Laura said...

Uh, I went. I only got 3 coats though and it was only $30.00 Thanks for the info. My kids will be nice and warm next winter for cheap!!!

Ben, Sarah & Eli said...

I just saw your comment on Jamie Hammond's blog - do you remember how we know each other from BYU? You look so familiar! We'll have to figure out the connection :)

I didn't go to Old Navy, but this weekend I did get some things online from their big sale... you'll have to check out Baby Cheapskate (google it) - I hear about all kinds of great deals/sales on kids stuff from that site (though sometimes it's dangerous!)

I love your blog design too! Very cute!

Nancy said...

Sarah, we were in the same major and worked at the Daily Universe together of course! So fun to see your cute family!

Liz said...

Good thing I didn't read this post during the sale. I think I missed it now!!But, glad to know you got so much great stuff. I would love to see pics of it! But...you gotta start saving for our 30 trip! I am looking up flights and hotels in Chicago so you will need that pea coat after all, but you do need to save for shopping there too!!!