Sunday, December 30, 2007

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful

I wasn't really dreaming of a white Christmas, but I was fooling myself to think we could come spend Christmas with our families in Utah and escape the snow. So we're learning how to deal, and trying to become acclimated. So far both kids have gotten colds, I'm on the verge of one, and we're realizing how wonderful Christmas in Arizona really is. I very much admit to being a cold weather wimp, and sure miss my flip-flops back at home. But I know I'll be sad when it's time to go because aside from being cold, we're having a great time.



I must be trying my darnedest to sabotage my new year's diet before it even begins because we've spent a crazy amount of time baking with Grandma Craig, and have been eating like royalty since we got here. Christmas Eve and morning were a lot of fun. Santa treated all of us quite kindly, and I do believe we don't need anymore toys ever! I'm a sucker for happy kids, and love to see their surprised faces Christmas morning.









My Mom and I have been taking advantage of her four-wheel-drive, and venturing to my favorite fabric stores here. They haven't failed, and I have plenty of fabric to keep me busy when I get home. Right before Christmas I got an order for five bags for the Godfrey sisters, Emily's Mom wanted a bag for everyone for Christmas, so I whipped a few out, and must say I thought they turned out cute. I hope they liked them. I think I have more fun sewing the bags when I'm free to choose the fabric. The real thing that got me to learn to sew was the desire to create with beautiful fabrics. I'm a sucker for a good yard, even if I don't know what I'm going to use it for, I'm happy to own it. Luckily I've learned how to do a thing or two with my collection.

The kids have been having a great time getting reaquainted with their Utah cousins. We don't get to seem them as often, and they really get along well with them. Travis' Dad has a barn full of turkeys, pigs, horses and chickens, and my kids think his "farm" is the best place to be. We also had fun sledding yesterday in Lindon despite the lack of proper snow clothes. We made do, and warmed up with Grandpa's hot chocolate after. Hallie doesn't ever want to go home, and I think will be quite sad when we do.








13 comments:

jenniferwoodbury said...

Yum - your baked goods look delicious!! Love the bags too. Seriously adorable. Happy New Year

Abby said...

Nancy, I love my bag so much! Thank you for being so talented.

Mandy said...

I love the stockings- especially what you did with the names! Really, lloks like Christmas was fun. Can't wait to see you this week.

Courtney said...

Looks like a yummy and cold Christmas.

Becky said...

How fun! How fun! How fun!! Now I'm really missing you and envious of your White Christmas, even if its freezing. Save a cookie for me. Did those have peppermint filling? Yummy :) Miss you!!

wendy said...

We miss ya! But we are totally envious of the sledding, my kids would love that! Nanc you are soo beautiful, i know i always say that but you can't deny it when it's right here in color! I totally want to purchase a summer bag from you! Porter is anxious to get together with Dallas, see ya soon.

Stephanie said...

Looks so fun to be in the snow...complete opposite of our Christmas! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Have a fun rest of your trip!

Sarah said...

I love my new bag! (I got the amy butler with red dot handles.) Thanks!

Sarah said...

oh at least I am not the only one trying to get rid of the christmas goodies before my 2008 better habits set in:) LOVE the bags. wanna do a trade??--sarah jane

AL&G said...

It was great to see you yesterday, but why didn't you bring me some of those goodies? Sorry for all the teasing about Daybreak. If you love it, I'll love it for you.

Keith and Lynsi said...

Nanc,
those cinnamon rolls look divine! May need to get the recipe for those! Looks like a great time in Utah! We were there as well, my girls had some mixed feelings about the snow! Happy New Year! See ya at Brady's baptism!

Jacque said...

nancy, those bags are sooo cute! i want to order one from you! i'll email you... fun pics! looks like so much fun in the snow!

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
You have some great photos and stories here. It was fun to see the bags on your couch. I loved giving them and the girls all loved getting them! Can't wait for more reasons to buy more. Amye