Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hallie Bob and The Gingerbread Men





Meet Hallie's new do: Bob. It's short and sassy, kind of like my Hallie. After the hair cutting fiasco on Saturday we decided to head to the salon; kind of fun for Hallie as it was her first experience in a real salon. She did awesome, as did Candace who did the cut, but this Mom's thinking this cut might be a bit on the short side for the long run. Let me tell you a little story that I won't tell Hallie until her hair is long and luscious.

Hallie was so excited about her new hairdo that she wanted to show it off to the neighbors, but was immediately informed by our four-year-old neighbor Danny, that she had a boy's haircut. This upset Hallie, and I assured her that it wasn't a boy cut, but a cute girl cut. She and Dallas stayed to play at the neighbors for a few hours, and then when it was time for them to come home I walked around the corner to get them. I was standing out front of my neighbor's house when Dallas and Bobby (his friend) ran past me and around the corner to our house. I was waiting for Hallie to come out, and asked my neighbor if she could send her out. My neighbor said she already came out. I said no, Dallas and Bobby ran out, but Hallie hadn't come yet. So Laurie (my neighbor) went inside her house to look for Hallie and came back and said Hallie had run out, and Bobby was still inside.

So I looked down the street toward my house and who should come around the corner but Hallie, waiting for me. She had run past me with Dallas, and I her mother, had thought she was Bobby, the neighbor boy. Oops! I had looked right at her, and thought she was a boy. Okay so maybe the cut is a bit too short, but hair grows back right? It's really all we could do with the start she had given us! Hopefully it grows on me, and her. Please don't tell her this story until she's at least 14!

Tonight we had our second annual Gingerbread cookie party. We, meaning me and my kids who have no choice but to appease their mother (actually they like to do stuff like this). Last year when we made these I made the cookies from scratch, and they were hard and not very tasty. This year we used a mix, and they were soft and yummy, really yummy. This cookie experience is all about the kids, and no one eats them but us, so they tend to be messy. But the kids had a good time, so that's all that matters. It was definately worth the trip to the grocery store in our pajamas to buy the eggs to make some Christmas cookies and memories with my kids.




9 comments:

Courtney said...

She looks cute! Your story is too funny. I was glad to see the gingerbread came from a mix - I was starting to feel a little guilt about our prepackaged gingerbread house!

Angela said...

I think her hair looks cute, especially with the headband on.

Becky said...

Love it! You'll just have to put her in jean skirts until its a bit longer! And love the trip to the store in the pjs. Sounds like you should make that part of the annual cookie-making tradition.

Emily said...

Her hair is very darling! When are you coming to Utah?

Anonymous said...

oh it's adorable, nancy!! she looks so much like travis right there - he has strong genes!!

~ jannet

pam said...

Hallie's hair looks really cute. I remember another little girl who used to have curly hair until her sister and her friend decided to cut it and get rid of the curls. But yes, hair always grows back. Glad to hear the cookies are good. I bought a couple of those mixes, but haven't tried them yet.

Stephanie said...

Hallie's hair is so cute! Your story is hilarious!

Sarah said...

Hallie looks so stylin' and so cute!

Shauna Brown said...

Love, love, love Hallie's new do! I'm back and I'm glad I have caught up! Thanks for the great cookie recipe!