Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's A Broncos Halloween






Last year after Halloween I found a Broncos' cheerleader costume on a great sale, so I bought it for Hallie to use this year. Somehow I talked Dallas into wanting (keyword, and a little mommy trickery used to make it his idea) to be a Football player, and what we have is a Halloween to do Daddy proud. It's kind of funny the response you get from people when sports teams are involved in anything. I have noticed this as I've been somewhere with my husband and he's wearing any kind of sports jersey or hat. People like to let you know whether they like your team or not. And last night as we trick-or-treated it was no different, fan or not, people felt inclined to tell us what they thought of the Broncos. I decided after we were done trick-or-treating that I should have sent Travis around the neighborhood with the kids since he's the true fan. I just thought the costumes were cute, and had nothing to reply when people made comments.

But aside from the Broncos aspect of our Halloween, we had a fun filled evening. Our ward decided to have their Trunk-or-treat carnival on the actual night of Halloween. I didn't really agree with this idea. I prefer it on another night, then you get two parties, two chances to wear your costume, and can enjoy your neighborhood the night of. As it was though we did both, and the kids had fun. We can't wait till next year! For any of you in cold weather, our high yesterday was 87 degrees. Not quite cold, but I suppose it makes it for an enjoyable Halloween night. As we were walking around the neighborhood collecting candy Hallie kept on saying, "I've got so much candy! So much I'm going to be sick!" I guess she does listen to me sometimes. It's true though, we came home with ridiculous amounts of candy and I put the majority of it in the freezer so we wouldn't all get sick.

On a completely separate note, I just wanted to give a two thumbs up to a movie we saw last weekend on date night. We went to Dan in Real Life. It's starring Steve Carrell (my office friend) and I loved this movie. So good, so funny, but not in a slap-stick/over-the-top kind of way. It was just full of funny life situations, and was touching at the same time. I would definitely recommend this, and Travis even liked it too, it was a great date movie. The kids really want to go see Bee Movie, I wonder if it has anything to do with their campaign, have you ever seen any other movie so hyped? Hopefully it delivers.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Cute! Cute!

Hallie's got the hands on the hips cheerleader stance down.

Go Hallie! Go Dallas! Go Halloween!
(I'd say go Broncos, but honestly. . .I'm totally sports team illiterate!)

Sarah said...

your pumpkins and kids look great!

Jennifer said...

Your kids look sooo cute!!

Mandy said...

Hallie is totally ready to be a cheerleader. And Travis will never like a Halloween as much as this one.

Angela said...

They look great Nanc! Did you get any mean comments about the Bronco's?

Laura said...

I love their costumes. I think families that stick to a theme are so cute. I should try that next year. Nora is Lisa's daughter and I guess it is a family name. I love it too. Your kids are soooo cute! I love how you were wearing orange too. I wish our high was 87. It was in the thirties last night and I made Jeff take the kids out with my brother in law and Lisa and I stayed home and passed out the candy. I know what you mean about Bee Movie, I even want to see it!

Courtney said...

I'm loving that Hallie kept the cheerleader stance throughout all the pics. The kids and pumpkins are adorable.

Stephanie said...

Your kids look so cute! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Keith and Lynsi said...

I love the costumes! You got some great pictures! Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween!

Dusty said...

What a cute costume idea. Two of my girls were cheerleaders, I should have made Jaiden the football player. Very cute kids and great colors for the camera.

Liz said...

So cute! I think you have yourself a natural cheerleader. She has the stance already. Very fun! Yes, you should start be the friend in the neighborhood that has the Halloween party next year! It is a fun tradition that I can't give up! And then you have an excuse to buy lots of fun things for it!

pam said...

Your pictures are great! You and Travis and the kids look so cute. It is funny how much the kids look like twins, Do you get those kinds of comments much? We are having quite nice weather here too, it is around 60 degrees each day and supposed to be that nice for at least another week. See you soon.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Nancy, where do you live? we are in Denver and are Broncos fans too despite the rough season they have had.

LUKE