Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!






It's up, and I'm so happy about it! Every year I can't wait to put up my Christmas decorations, and yesterday I finally got the chance to do it. I say finally because I really would put them up right after Halloween if my husband would let me, but this year I waited until after Thanksgiving (I think last year they may have been up on or before Thanksgiving). And my Mom was here so Travis didn't have to do one bit of it, and that makes him a very happy man. I love the holidays and the decorations help set the right mood for me, as Ben my brother-in-law said, it looks very festive. I hope he meant that in a good way, I chose to take it in one.



Speaking of family, they have all left me. I've had company at my house for the last two weeks straight, but today they all went home. It was really fun to have everyone here, we especially enjoyed having Katie and her family here since we don't get to see them very often. Her boys are so sweet and my kids had so much fun getting reacquainted with their Washington cousins. We'll miss them all and hope it's not too long before we're together again.

Hallie, Dallas, Truman and Walker, remember the fun jammy days?


Cute Angela has tagged me. This is the second time I've been tagged, the first time I wrote the post and never published it. Something about putting up personal stuff, just couldn't do it. So I'm going to do Angela's tag in a very brief and fun way. I'll list six facts/habits of mine, and to make it more interactive, only five of them will be true. Try to guess the sixth, untrue one!



1. I did a semester at BYU Hawaii, mostly played and layed on the beach. One of the most fun and memorable experiences of my life.



2. I have no gallbladder. When I was pregnant with Hallie I developed gall stones, due to some crazy pregnancy hormones, and had the whole thing removed after she was born.



3. I hate seafood. I had Lobster in Maine, just to say I'd eaten it, but didn't like it one bit, it was pretty fun to play with though.



4. In High School I developed a weird allergic reaction to shampoo. My mom finally found some stuff that didn't make me break out into hives, I used it for about two years, and then decided one day I hated it and went back to the old, with no more hives.



5. I have 20/20 vision, a gift I was born with and hope to die with.



6. My first concert I ever went to was Tiffany, I also went to a Paul McCartney concert in sixth grade, after that I tried to go to as many concerts as I could throughout High School and college. Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, The Cranberries, Harry Connick Jr. (twice), R.E.M., Dave Matthews Band, Wynonna Judd, Natalie Merchant, Sting, Vince Gill, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, The Dixie Chicks, Mariah Carey and more that I can't think of offhand. The concert I'd most like to attend, but have yet to? Michael Buble.



There you have it, now I'm tagging, Laura, Dawn, Dusty, Liz, Shauna, and Adrienne.

21 comments:

Angela said...

I somehow doubt you actually ate a lobster, so that's my guess as to the the one false thing. And Stacey (Carlson) Maughan wants to buy a diaper bag from you.

Angela said...

p.s. we were noticing during family pictures that Dallas has inherited your fake smile. You can totally see it in the PJ's picture.

Nancy said...

so you're saying I have a fake smile? Thanks Ange, and that isn't Dallas' fake smile, that's the real one, the fake one is much more fake.

Laura said...

20/20 no way! Did you have Lasik? thanks for the tag, maybe I will do this one. I love your Christmas decorations. Will you please come help me because I am decoratingly challenged.

Macy said...

Wow, Nancy! Your house looks great. I am very impressed. What darling decor. I need to get on the ball!

Sarah said...

Great Christmas decor! I a voting for BYU Hawaii.

Stephanie said...

Your house looks so cute! Are you making anything new this year? I am really going to learn to sew someday!!

Angela said...

You have a real smile too, but you also have a fake one.

Becky said...

Where was I when you REM???!! And Natalie Merchant!!. Muy jealoso! I know that must be true cause there's no way you don't wear contacts with Pam and Laurie for your parents :)

Becky said...

I must come with you to see Mr. Michael Buble. I am willing to travel.

Angela said...

I just realized which one it is! You may have 20/20 vison...with your contacts in!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

It's very inspiring that your christmas decor is already up. This is why I am seriously considering going with a fake tree!

Anonymous said...

i think it's the 20/20 vision ... just because i don't think anyone could actually hate lobster!! and if it's lobster that you despise, do NOT tell becka. that is her most favoritest food in the world!

very very cute decorations. did you make them all?

~ jannet

Nancy said...

Jannet, Becca has been telling us at church for weeks that she is having Lobster for her birthday, so you'd better be making it for her! And sorry, but yes I do hate Lobster, and I made a lot of the stuff that I decorated with, but a lot is store bought and my mom made most of the little painted things. Thanks for checking in!

Anonymous said...

how the heck did you find me?!? ack! i thought i was totally hidden. *lol* we are definitely making lobster and crab legs for her birthday. i don't think we have a choice anymore. *lol*

~ jannet

pam said...

Nancy, the decorations look great, and festive. I could post my Christmas decorations too, but remember, I don't know how to put pictures on the blog. Sorry, Richard, but I am a slow learner.

Jamie Hammond Photography said...

cute chair covers and pillows! i had a vision of myself making some this year, but realistically, its not going to happen!

Liz said...

Very fun decor! Did you make all the red pillows and chair covers just for Christmas time or for all year! I love the fabric. I even noticed the cute tree skirt you sewed!! I wish I had those talents!! I am not so good at doing the tagged things. I will try doing this one for you! Maybe..

Liz said...

Oh, the one thing you wrote that is false is your 20/20 vision. I know that is not the case for sure! I think you tried lobster with me in Maine so I know that is true!! I know you also loved going to concerts in high school and know you loved BYU Hawaii. So for sure you do not have 20/20 vision.

Shauna Brown said...

I'm the worst, I've totally been MIA, but now I'm back! Your house looks beyond darling, but of course it does! You really are the best!