Monday, October 8, 2007

Random Thoughts

Can I just say how much I love Conference weekend? It's really so nice to hear from the leaders of our church and renew all that we believe in. Plus I must say it is really nice to enjoy watching it from the comfort of my own home with my famiy. We had a great Sunday enjoying conference, the only drawback? Somehow I make, and subsequently eat, too much food on Confrerence Sunday. Oh well, I'm now more renewed than ever to be my best, not good, not better, but my best (I really liked Elder Oaks talk) at everything, including my diet.


On Saturday Dallas had another Soccer game. I really enjoy watching him play. Mostly he loves to dance around the field (quite literally, it's still cute at 5 right?). Who knew I could be such a soccer mom and love every minute of it?


Check out my cute sister Angela, she's as talented and crafty as they come and she just started her own blog. Also go check out Sarah Jane Studios on Etsy, I love her stuff, she's so talented, any of her work would be so cute in a nursery or play room.

I did have one crafty moment this weekend amidst my busy life, a friend of mine was celebrating her birthday, and I wanted to make her a bracelet, but needed a fun way to package it, this is what I came up with.



And somehow I managed to cram reading Eclipse into this weekend too. I thought it would take me a whole week to read, but I could have, and would have gladly read more. I can't wait for Courtney's book club on Tuesday, I have so much to say! There might be a whole post dedicated to this soon. I have to admit, logic might say Jacob, but in fantasy land where I believe this book takes place, I'm all Team Edward!



And this week I'm looking forward to seeing Amanda Jane and meeting miss Allie Jane, I can't wait! Congratulations Mandy Pants!

11 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah! A new post! Thanks for humoring me, and thanks for the shout out. I'm going to see Mandy-Pants and little Allie tonight!

Mandy said...

Can we please take down that picture? I am sure you have other photos of me than those taken shortly after I gave birth. Can't wait to see you!!

Toria said...

ditto about conference (and eating too much). Cute bracelet, fun soccer games and I'm a few chapters shy of finishing Eclipse, I'll finish tonight. As of now and throughout books 1 and 2, I'm for team Jacob. I had too look back at everyone else's posts and someday I'll have to hear why Jacob gets no love from my friends!

Lindsey said...

Nancy, where did you get those pins? Everyone in my neighborhood is obsessed with the Twilight books. Personally, I am a Jacob fan. I have never been a big fan of the cold, but seriously, I was thinking of making my neighbors Team Edward and Team Jacob t-shirts. So, if there's a place to buy that stuff, it would save me time. :)
Miss you!

Nancy said...

Linds- The pins, I don't own, just a little illustration for the blog, they are from google. I don't know if you can buy them. But you could google it!

Dawn said...

I want the pins too. I am a team Edward fan as well. He happens to be on my top 5 list. I know that's rather silly but in my mind he's real. I'm sure the rest of you can relate.

Sarah Jane said...

I love the braclet idea...so cute! We definately need to do a swap nancy...do you have one in mind that you would like?

Shauna Brown said...

Loved Elder Oaks talk as well! Talk about good- Charlie, better- Edward, best- Jacob- all the way!!

Nancy said...

Sarah- a swap for sure! I'll have to think about what I'd like, the problem is I like them all! Shauna, Jacob? Really? Acutally I was surprised at the book club last night how many people were Jacob fans.

Keith and Lynsi said...

ok... so I started the first book a long while ago and almost finished it, but stopped a little short. I'm so tired these days I go straight to bed once the kids are in bed! Anyways, you've inspired me to finish up and keep reading (I'm entering trimester two, so hopefully I'll get some more energy!)
Love the bracelet idea! Nancy...always the creative one!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute bracelet Nancy. You're amazing. I can't believe so many people are for Jacob either - especially you Toria! What ever happened to staying true to your man? Jacob's always trying to hoard in on Edward's action.
- Tami Gordon