Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thinking Ahead

Okay so I realize that it's still the beginning of September, but today at Target I splurged and bought Martha's Halloween magazine (it was $6.95, kind of pricey, but I didn't realize that till I got home).

Anyway, now I'm all excited for Halloween. I pretty much have got my Christmas decorations to the point that I want them, so I think it might be time to add to my Halloween collection. Spending money on holiday decorations is the joy of my husband's life, let me tell you; but he loves me, so he indulges my fancies. And fancies there were in Martha's mag, as would be expected. I'm thinking it might be time to start planning a Halloween party, hmm... Here's some pics from last year, I'm thinking bigger and better for this year. Oh and if you're wondering I did get on the treadmill this morning, I almost didn't, but then I thought of how I'd opened my big mouth and said I was going to, and so I did. This blog diet just might work after all.




11 comments:

Becky said...

Great minds think alike! Guess who bought the Martha Stewart Holiday mag and drooled over it during lunch? Yup. Me! I'm so excited for Halloween/Sophie's Birthday! Party at the Bagley's :) Now I want to know which side you like best. . .Good Things vs. Bad Things

MarySue said...

1. I'm pulling for you Nancy with the exercise. I'm missing the Oregon cool mornings and about die walking Kirby in the a.m.
2. All for holiday decorations and loved your photos. SLK questioned my sanity when I brought home more flowers to plant last fall and I very politely informed him one cannot have too many flowers or Christmas decorations/ornamnets. Ditto for all other holidays.
3. Becky-I'm all for good decos on Halloween.

Jennifer said...

I love that wreath! Don't tell me you made it yourself...

Mandy said...

WHile you are thining about Halloween can you think of something cute for my girls to be? I am too busy thinking about lesson plans and delivery to think that far ahead.

Laura said...

I second Jenn. That wreath is awesome! I haven't even thought about Halloween yet. I better get an idea for what my kids are going to be.

Way to go for getting on the treadmill today. Keep it up, it only gets better.

Natalie Hall said...

Gosh nancy change your name to Martha Stewart. You are so talented I must add again and again. You are so great also about working out. So GO GIRL!!!!

Katie said...

Nancy..It's Katie, Laura's little sister. Of course I remember you and I check your blog often to see what you're up to. You are so amazingly crafty. I quilt some but that's about all. I hope to be as crafty as you some day. Your kids are so cute and by the way that halloween candy looks sooo good!

KMS said...

Crafty and exercises? You are the wind beneath my wings, Nancy. I'll think of you as I set out my tennis shoes tonight. What's on your iPod for motivation?

And thank you for your email today.

Courtney said...

We are excited for fall too. I am already trying to plan our halloween party - much harder now that the kids are in school all day!

What are you doing for costumes this year?

pam said...

I loved your fall wreath and Halloween decorations with the cute kids. I put up some general fall decorations, but thought I'd wait until October for the real Hallorween decorations. You guys must really be roasting. It's still 90 degrees here!

pam said...

Is that Martha in the witch costume? It kind of looks like Hillary Clinton.