Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking





My name is Nancy, and I don't scrapbook. GASP! People are always surprised when I tell them that I don't scrapbook. I think they figure, she's crafty, she must scrapbook. I did used to, kind of. Mostly I bought the paper and cute embellishments, and did a page or two, but I've never even scrapped a single page for eiter one of my kids. I've been to a few scrapbook nights with girls in my ward, but I usually just sit and chat, or bring some other crafty project I'm working on. I started to get interested in scrapbooking again when my good friend Courtney began digital scrapbooking. Now this I could get into. I don't know why it should be different, but it is. I think I really like the idea of learning to use Photoshop, and being able to do cute invitations, business cards, notecards, etc.

So I finally sat down over the weekend, and really tried to get the hang of Photoshop. I must say, once you get a few of the basics down, it's really quite fun; and I couldn't sleep the other night because I had so many ideas running through my head of what I wanted to do with this new found hobby. But my husband needent worry, I've learned from all of my other interests not to go too crazy. So I guess I may join the ranks of scrapbookers (I think I prefer, digichick...I'm totally kidding here) but I'm not going to worry myself with feeling like I'm not "caught up." I'll just do a few pages here and there, and the next time anyone needs to make cute invitations, give me a call. Maybe I should plan a party, just so I could make cute invitations. Is that normal?

15 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cute! I am glad you have joined the digital world!

Jennifer said...

Woohoo!! Nancy is digital scrapbooking! And your off to a fabulous start!

Courtney said...

Welcome! Welcome! So glad you finally joined the ranks.

pam said...

The pages are great. I guess you needed a new hobby. It would be fun to watch you do it, but I won't expect you to teach me how.

Nancy said...

Come on mom, you email and blog, I bet you could do this too!

pepper said...

That is my kind of scrap booking. And, I so want to have a fancy party just so I can send out fancy invitations. When I do, I am calling you to make the invitations.

MarySue said...

This is very impressive!! I do not scrap book in any form and I'm just fine with that. You may want to check out my second cousins blog about this topic at http://www.creativit-tonya.blogspot.com/ Let me know if you like it. I blogged about Tonya here http://snickerdoodles2.blogspot.com/2007/08/who-lives-here.html

Nancy said...

Thanks Mary Sue! I'll definately look at your cousin's blog, and I've already been peeking in and enjoying your blog! I especially liked when you did your virtual walk, so fun.

Liz said...

So impressed! Can you please come teach me. I still haven't done a single page. I have all the stuff on my computer just waiting for me to get caught up! Christian is almost 2 and I haven't done a thing. I have got to start learning this!! Your pages are so cute. Way to go Nancy!

curley girley said...

I love that it's creativity that keeps you up at night. I do remember sharing a bed with you as a child and being suddenly woken by my fabulous hair dresser sister, "Katie, get up, I think I just created a new way to braid her (I proceed to sit on the floor half asleep while Nancy starts working on my hair) Oh Darnet! She says, "it's just a french braid. You can go back to sleep now!"

Nancy said...

Oh Kate, you know me too well. I'm afraid I really haven't changed a bit, and had you been here I would definately have woken you up and had you come try some of my ideas out! Couldn't we ever be neighbors?

Stephanie said...

Nanc...I really am very impressed! After Courney's great class the other night, I realized how difficult this could be to digital scrapbook! Your pages look great!

Natalie Hall said...

Nancy, it is Natalie Hall. Hopefully you remember me I found your blog through Richard and Becky's. I love your gorgeous fam. And you are just beautiful. So if you dont mind me checking out your blog, I added you to my friends list. You are so stinkin talented.

Nancy said...

Hi Natalie, of course I don't mind, I'm glad you found me! I was hoping to see you at Leisel's shower and was sad you were out of town. Hope all is well with your cute family, I'll be checking in on you too.

Macy said...

Such cute stuff, Nancy. On a side note, did you make those birthday cakes? My little Lucy turns 3 next week. Do you have any tips for a great cake?