Saturday, August 11, 2007

Leisel's Shower





Leisel is my friend, Sister Becky's sister-in-law/amazing hairdresser. Leisel has been doing my hair for free on trade, and I finally got the chance to pay her back. Leisel is having her first baby in September, and has been wanting some baby stuff from me, so at her shower today I gave her a quilt, diaper bag and some burp cloths. I was so excited about the quilt. Leisel had picked out fabulous fabric from my new favorite designer Joel Dewberry (who by the way is a fellow BYU grad, and I met him at Market in SLC, he's awesome, watch for his stuff everywhere) anyway I was so excited to get to work with his stuff. And I think it turned out so cute, and if I do say so myself it was a hit at the shower. Thanks for the great trade Leis!

11 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cute Nancy. Now I want to see pictures of the furniture. See you in a few days.

curley girley said...

WOW! Nancy, that quilt is AWESOME. Leisel's baby will be so styling. How fun. I don't know where you find the time to make this stuff.

Nancy said...

Speaking of time, I got the fabric from Leisel on Wednesday and gave her the quilt and bag on Saturday, it was a whirlwind quilting festival at my house.

Laura said...

You are amazing Nancy!! I wish I could be like you when I grow up. I am still kind of scared of my sewing machine. Hopefully when you come to visit you can give me some pointers:)

pam said...

I hadn't looked at my email for several days so just saw your pics there before I saw the blog. Where did she buy the Joel Dewberry fabric. It looks great in the quilt and you did a great job making it. Love the bag too.

pam said...

What funniture is Mandy talking about?

Shauna Brown said...

Excuse me little miss too talented for words!! Too adorable! Now when are you coming to CO?? Get your booty and sewing machine out here ASAP!

Angela said...

Cute stuff Nanc. I want to know where you got the fabric too. And who's house was it at?

Lindsey said...

I LOVE the quilt!

Sarah said...

So cute Nancy! You are very talented! I am loving Joel too. And I really like that bag fabric.

Becky said...

Love your interpretation of Joel's awesome fabrics!! I can't wait to meet Leisel's baby and take her pic on your quilt!