Monday, August 20, 2007

Happily Ever After








I just returned last night from San Diego where I attended the wedding of family friends, Craig and Taylor. I grew up next door to Craig and his family, and like to think of them as my surrogate family. They are more than friends (his two older sisters, Courtney and Mandy, are some of my best friends,) we celebrate holidays, birthdays, and yes of course weddings together, so we wouldn't have missed the chance to be there for the wedding. Everything was amazing. The food, the decorations, the ceremony, and most importantly the company.

I love weddings because they are also reunions for old friends. I had so much fun with one of my other best friends, Liz, and her family who I also grew up with. We had so much fun as usual laughing and reminiscing on the "old days." We even fit in a trip to the beach, it was so nice to be out of the Arizona heat! I think it's time to move to San Diego... as soon as I win the lottery!

12 comments:

Becky said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Wish I could have been there myself! Everything looks amazing and we're so happy for Craig and Taylor!

Angela said...

I'm sad I couldn't make it. It looks lovely. I especially like the flowers.

Austin said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Craig Harris Cannon is married! I...I...need to sit down for a bit...

pam said...

Everything looked beautiful. So glad you were able to go and that all went well. Hope your kids were O.K. while you were gone. You took great pictures. Cannons, Rutters, etc. all looked great and so did you. Wish we could have been there. As it was, we went to a couple of receptions of past missionaries here that evening and then did our bit at the MTC on Sunday. Glad you were able to get out of the Phoenix heat. It has cooled off a little here and today was only in the 90's. You could come and visit us sometime. Laurie says that before we know it, winter will be here and it will be cold and snowing again.

Liz said...

You took great photos of the reception! It was so beautiful! I am glad you guys were able to come. It was fun having you here! Hope to see you again soon. We need another wedding or reunion...! Who's next?

Mique said...

Nancy-
So random...but I went from blog to blog and ended up at Liz and your blogs somehow!! Hope it's ok to post a little comment to say hi...I haven't seen you since....um, Toria's wedding I think...but this blog-world is kinda small. AND- some of our best family friends growing up are Taylor's aunt and uncle (my parents know the Ainge's through them)...and I live in LA now but happened to be down there last weekend (day of the wedding).
Anyway, looks like things are going well for you...visit my blog. What a small world!!

Mique said...

I'm so glad you stopped by! I know, weird that I found you and Liz. I scrolled back through your blog and saw the pictures of Kimber & Tammy and it brought back memories of me tagging along with Toria to hang out with you guys!
Also your handmade stuff is AMAZING! Do you have an etsy store is it all just stuff you do for friends and local people? I LOVE it all- you're so talented.
Glad we reconnected- I'll keep checking back!

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous reception! Did you chat with the father of the bride much? Or just play HORSE.

Mandy said...

So fun to see you. Do you have a good shot of Erich, Laney, and me? I don't have any pics of us from the wedding.

Adrienne said...

This wedding looked so beautiful and more like a reunion..I will need to attend one of these...even though I may have never met the bride and groom...details!

Macy said...

You all look so beautiful! The wedding did too. How fun.

Shauna Brown said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the colors, flowers, cake, everything! I want to go to a wedding!