Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hallie goes to Preschool






It's official. I have two kids in school. Mother of babies no more, my kids are getting so old! Hallie attended her first day of preschool yesterday, and she couldn't have been happier. She has been wanting to go to school ever since Dallas started two years ago. On a weekly basis she would cry every time we dropped Dallas off at school because she wanted to go too. I tried to explain to her that you had to be older to go to preschool, but that didn't stop the tears. So we were both very excited yesterday when she got to go for herself. She asked on the way to school if she had turned four, she must think that you have to be four to go to preschool. She's not quite four, but she is a rather independent, free spirited three-year-old.

Hallie is a source of laughter at our house. She's just a little bit crazy and a lot silly (I have a hard time getting a straight face out of her for a picture), kind of like her father. We love hearing her giggle. She is so sweet, and always tells me that I'm beautiful (I didn't teach her that, I swear). I went to pick her up from a Princess birthday party the other day, and when I walked in my friends started telling me how beautiful Hallie thinks I am. She likes to tell other people that too I guess. Since she likes to say it so often, I taught her a few other choice words: gorgeous, cute, pretty, smart. I figure we might as well mix it up a bit.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

What a cutie! It's good for you to have a free spirited child. And isn't it fun to have someone tell you how pretty you are. We also love the words adorable and darling.

Laura said...

She speaks the truth. You are beautiful! and so it she, what a sweetheart. I can't believe they are both in school. Dallin cries every time we drop Alexa off too and he cries when he has to take a nap without her too. He wants to be with her at all times. What are you doing with all your free time?

Shauna Brown said...

Totally agree because beautiful can get a little boring! I prefer BABE for you!

Emily said...

Hallie and Dallas were both such good kids this weekend. We enjoyed having them over very much.

pam said...

You may or may not recall that I used to tell you kids that I was smart. I somewhat believed it until a few years ago when I tried to learn to speak Spanish and learned that I was really quite the opposite! So anyways, keep telling them how beautiful and smart, etc, you are and she will believe you. Hopefully old age won't tell on you for many years. Glad she loves school and hope she keeps that up for all the years to come.