Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Heart Wisconsin

This past weekend I had an amazing, unexpected opportunity to accompany my favorite friend Stephanie to Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. Before Sunday I had no idea that Whitefish Bay even existed, and if you asked me about Wisconsin I would have quoted a few lines from That 70's show and told you they ate a lot of cheese and beer there. Well the cheese and beer part is probably true, but nobody told me that they were eating cheese and drinking beer in the most beautiful place on earth. I loved Wisconsin.

It's amazing to me that I love where I grew up (Arizona), and would never change anything about it, but let's face it folks, I live in the desert. Yes if you look hard there is a certain beauty here, but I'm calling it the telestial kingdom for sure compared to the beauty and greenery of other places in the U.S., and I'd count Whitefish Bay among the prettiest I've ever been to. It's such a beautiful village (as they call it) with a small town feel, I kept on thinking I was in Pleasantville, and couldn't quite believe places like this even exist; but they do.

So to Stephanie, thank you, thank you, thank you for inviting me. I had so much fun. I really had my eyes and heart opened to the beauty of another place I might never have gone to. So pretty! Maybe my favorite thing about it though were the beautiful homes. You all know how much I appreciate a beautiful house, and I hope to own a home someday that speaks to my soul as much as these do. And to anyone out there reading this, if you're ever in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, stop in at Kopps and get some custard, and hands down the best cheeseburger you've ever had in your life. There really must be something to their cheese, as for the beer, I'll let someone else tell you about that! And if you want to see my little cheesehead, check her out here. I didn't bring any cheese home for you all to taste, but here's a taste of the homes of Whitefish Bay.









8 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful houses! I love cottage style. The only problem with the beauty of Wisconsin is that its short lived--a beautiful burst of color in the fall and then everything dies and the bitter cold settles in for a long biting winter. Thank heavens spring comes every year so you can enjoy its beauty!

Nancy said...

Becky, I think that's where the beer part comes in! Anyway we are trying to think positive thoughts for our sweet Stephanie to warm her during the winter! Think of all the great snowshoeing and ice fishing!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful homes! It looks very New England-y to me!

curley girley said...

NANCY! I am so out of it. You were just in Wisconsin? So fun. I love last minute travel. It makes the adventure even more fun because there is so much unknown. And beautiful homes. Which one is Stephanies?
PS- looks like a good trip to Florida. You look like a movie star. Was that random girl in the picture wanting a photo with a movie star? MOM, I LOVE the dress, you're amzing.

Angela said...

Cute houses. I like the little yellow one best. Stephanie Weaver? I didn't know she was moving to Wisconsin.

Courtney said...

Are any of these Stephanie's house - I like the yellow one with the proch. I also like the green one at the bottom. I love this style of home - no stucco to be seen.

Stephanie said...

Nancy...I am so glad you could come with me! It was so fun! You forgot to mention that none of these houses you posted were for sale. For the record, we were just looking and we haven't bought anything! We are still negotiating the offer! I am not sure we will be able to manage winters that have weeks of thirty below with a chill factor!

sarah said...

Gorgeous. All of them. I think that's how the rest of the country lives.