Monday, June 11, 2007

Problem Solved

A couple of days ago Travis came home with a bag from the store that he said carried contents that would forever change our lives. What you ask was in that bag? None other than the family's new remote control, it's almost as big as my children. You see Trav gets so frustrated with the kids because they literally lose the TV remote at least once a day. So by the time Trav gets home from work, and wants to check on Sports Center, the remote is nowhere to be found. I guess he saw this at the store, and on the packaging it says "never lose your remote again!" I told him it looks like it's for old, blind people, but I'll tell you, we have yet to lose the remote, and my husband is a happy man. Too bad I didn't think of it first, it would have made a great Father's Day gift.



A question for you all: I'm going to Florida in the next little while with Travis for a work convention. I'm thinking of trying a spray tan. I'd like to look tan, but don't want to go to the work, or pain, of a real tan. Plus you know all the skin cancer stuff and all. So I want to try a spray tan. Has anyone had good or bad experiences? Anything I need to know?

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That remote is HILARIOUS!! You know what's crazy, I actually did get a remote for Matt for Father's Day (yes I'm cheap)!

I have never tried a spray tan but I totally want to. Definitely let me know how it goes if you decide to try it.

Shauna Brown said...

That remote kills me! Classic! I have never tried a spray tan, but my friend has done it and she said it worked. I guess give it a try and have a blast in Florida!! Are the kiddies going too??

Becky said...

That pic of the kids with the remote totally looks photo-shopped!!
My brother tried spray tan before he went on vacation and highly recommended it. It looked like a real tan to me.

Stephanie said...

Love the remote...thanks for the Father's Day idea! My sister has spray tans at the spa she works out and they practice on each other all the time. I think it is awesome! Just be sure to cover your hands and feet good with the cream, I say go for it!

sarah said...

yep, I've done the spray tan. Right before I got married. I liked the results, but it didn't last very long on me...maybe a few days. But i hear it's different for everyone. Go for it!

Laura said...

I love that remote! We need one in our family. I just found our remote this morning. It has been missing for about 5 days. I haven't ever had one of those spray tans, but I would love to know if they are worth it. Go for it and then let us know if we should do it.

Courtney said...

That photo with the remote is hilarious!

Adrienne said...

Nancy-
Ok I seriously almost wet my pants - where was that remote when I was growing up. I had to show Jared - just pure genius.

Liz said...

I had no idea they even made a remote that size!! Where did you find it? I think it would be a great gift for a few people I know.

So about the spray tan.... for sure you should do it! I have done it a few times. I have only done the mystic tans. Just make sure you use the barrier cream they give to you and cover your hands, elbows, knees, feet and ankles really good. Those are the only places that get messed up if you don't cover it well. I think you should maybe go 2 times before you leave. It takes about a day to really show up. I wish we would have been able to go when you were here with the girls so you could have tried it out. Call me if you have any other questions. Not that I am that experienced with it. I have only tried it a couple times, but was happy with the outcome. It doesn't look fake just a shade darker than you are before. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. Have so much fun in Florida. I want to go there one day.