Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Sweet Boy





Yesterday we celebrated Dallas' fifth birthday. Where has the time gone? I can't believe my baby boy is growing up so fast. It's has been so interesting to raise this child. I see so much of myself in Dallas, so much of Travis, and love seeing that he has so much of his own personality and spirit. I feel blessed to know Dallas, and am humbled to be his mother. He truly is my best friend.

We had a fun day yesterday, Dallas said before he went to bed that it was "the best day ever!" So I guess all the work that goes into the party, the cake, and presents is all worth it when you can give your child something that makes them so happy. We had a bit of a Spiderman theme, and that seemed to be a hit among the five-year-old crowd. I thought the cake turned out cute, and was fun to make, although it took almost two whole things of red food coloring to get a true red. Don't worry, he's already on to planning next year's party, and now all Hallie can talk about is her birthday next week...her birthday is not until October. We just might have to take to celebrating Un-Birthdays around here.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Seth had a great time at the party. That picture of Dallas when he was a baby is adorable.

Katharine said...

Birthdays are so fun! Happy Birthday Dallas!

Jennifer said...

Wow, 5 already!! That Spiderman cake looks awesome, and how sweet that he said it was the best day of his life!!

Liz said...

I am impressed with your cake decorating skills. Happy Birthday Dallas! I really cannot believe you have a 5 year old. He is such a cute kid.

Adrienne said...

I discover new talents of yours everyday! Really the cake looks so great!

Shauna Brown said...

Happy B-day Dallas!! He really is such a cutie and has the best MOM ever! I love the cake- great work.